The Procurement & Supply Specialist 3 ensures L&I staff have the supplies and equipment required to provide services to the public. In this job, you’ll perform procurement functions for the agency. Receive and approve requests, and make recommendations for goods and services. Review orders for compliance with state statutes, L&I, Department of Enterprise Services (DES), and Office of Financial Management (OFM). |
Some of what you will do
· Review, research and process Purchase Requests and Field Orders for equipment, furniture, supplies and purchased services.
· Determine specifications are adequate for commodities used.
· Determine which vendors available best meet the needs of the agency.
· Research new sources, locate and contact vendors and suppliers.
· Maintain dated order files for maintenance and contracted services and supplies.
· Administer agency’s US Bank Access Online Purchasing Card Program.
· Administer the agency’s MIPS Injured Worker Travel Card Program.
· Train, advise, and provide guidance to agency personnel in proper purchasing procedures.
· Research invoices received for purchases.
· Meet with vendor representatives regarding products, purchased services contracts and billing statements to establish expectations and contract criteria.
Who should apply
Procurement and Supply Specialists with knowledge of state purchasing authorities and processes, and experience preparing and maintaining records and materials associated with purchasing to provide information to agency customers and management.
What we’re looking for
Experience in large-scale procurement, stock control, receipt or storage function.
A degree in business administration, procurement, logistics, supply management or related field is desirable.
This job announcement may be used to fill multiple vacancies
Employees driving on state business must have a valid driver’s license. Employees driving a privately owned vehicle on state business must have liability insurance on the privately owned vehicle.
Prior to any new appointment into L&I a background check, including criminal record history, will be conducted.
To apply, follow the "Apply" link above
Only complete applications will be considered. Be sure to answer all supplemental questions.
We’re looking for evidence that you have the skills, experience, and abilities indicated in this announcement. Information you provide will be used for deciding who'll be selected for the next step in our process.
For more information about the Department of Labor & Industries visit: http://www.lni.wa.gov/
Contact us at: Jobs@LNI.wa.gov
Persons with a disability, who need assistance in the application process, or those needing this announcement in an alternative format, may call (360) 902-9152. Applicants that are deaf or hard of hearing may call through the Washington Relay Service at 7-1-1.
The State of Washington is an Equal Opportunity Employer
State of Washington - 17 months ago
Whether it's helping a vulnerable child, making highways safer or restoring salmon habitat, the work that we do matters to the people of...