Principal Developer - HomeNet-130288
- Demonstrate the ability to estimate, measure and quantify database impacts with new projects, indentify and alert inefficient SQL/design flaws, forecast mid to long term system capacity growth need and contribute to overall site availability and scalability design and improvement plans.
- Develop, implement and maintain unit tests of programs
- Responsible for building and maintaining a database for a large scale Web sites, ensuring infrastructure integrity, optimal performance and maximum service, providing development and production support for databases, identifying problems and inefficiencies in the current environment and making strategic recommendations for future improvements.
- Participate in advanced problem solving and troubleshooting, as required to endure business continuity
- Share knowledge by effectively documenting work
- Stay current with industry changes in the technical area of expertise
- Exhibit agnostic mindset when it comes to technology, primary objective is to design the appropriate solution for the identified problem
Perform code reviews
- Develops and leads training sessions (lunch & learn format) for other Developers on a regular basis
- Makes decisions independently by developing innovative solutions to high impact business problems
- Influences executives and strategic decisions and impacts their long-term objectives
- Works primarily with senior executives to solve highly visible problems
- Demonstrates the highest level of knowledge & experience in subject matter & is recognized as a strategic thought leader
- Plans & structures own work as well as the work of other senior professionals
- Define standards
- Partners with the Architects to create design solutions to meet complex business requirements
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years experience in Software Development
- 8+ years experience C#/ ASP.NET
- 8+ years experience with SQL Server
- Previous Automotive Inventory Management system experience required
- Extensive experience writing T-SQL, from concept to support.
- Experience implementing distributed systems, spanning multiple technologies and platforms
- Ability to work with minimal direction, facilitate and champion the use of teams.
- Architect complex data solutions, spanning all layers of the infrastructure (network, storage, database, server, app, web, etc)
- Strong communication skills in both written and oral format, and will be capable of explaining complex technical issues to both technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to interface with all levels of management, negotiating and influencing, to build consensus is required. The candidate should be able to take initiative, obtain required resources and cooperation of needed participants will also be necessary. Occasionally this individual will be responsible for the implementation of various programs and projects.
Job: Information Technology
Primary Location: US-PA-West Chester
Job Posting: Feb 22, 2013, 1:22:00 PM
AutoTrader.com, Inc. - 22 months ago
Our mission at AutoTrader.com is to be your ultimate online solution for buying and selling new, certified and used cars. Our site is...