The CRU Collection Specialist ( CRU CS) is responsible for initial intake of the Vehicle Incident Reports ( VIR) to determination of subrogation/billing or closure; as well as collection efforts up until the receivable is cleared. Your interactions with your accounts in your collection capacity will be a combination of obtaining firm payment information while maintaining a good relationship with the customer. Collection procedures have been developed to provide a systematic way of dealing with delinquent accounts while also retaining our customer’s loyalty. You will work closely with the Hertz Sales team in addressing sensitive issues with the account, such as possible suspension due to non-payment. Ability to discern accounts with cash flow issues in order to minimize revenue exposure. Your communication skills are critical to your effectiveness in obtaining resolution of your accounts.
- Timely review all incoming documents for completeness and legibility to determine if they can be used for opening a new file, added to an existing file, or should be returned to the renting location to rectify and resubmit.
- Handle all calls from customers, insurers, or Hertz locations to establish if information needs to be appended to an existing file, referred to HCM, or a new file opened. If new, all information is to be documented in a pre-established form.
- Ensure timely opening of all files with proper disposition to determine if the file is 1 st Party, 3 rd Party, or Rest.
- Match all incoming VDA’s to the claim. Once VDA is matched, if 3 rd Party, notify the holder of the file of the existence of the new document. If 1 st Party, notify the CRU of the existence of a complete file ready for subrogation. If Rest, re-evaluate the documents to determine if there is a reason to pursue further (such as information in a police report, etc.)
- On all unmatched claims with vehicle damage, but no VDA, follow-up with the return location for submission of the VDA.
- Assist in collection of claims to minimize DSO and increase recoveries.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation on all collection activity.
- Resolve disputes in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate professionalism when dealing with contacts to maximize collection efforts and customer satisfaction.
- Minimum high school diploma; some college education preferred
- Experience in an office environment working with others.
- Preferably a large office in which working through others is necessary.
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite of applications.
- First party Claim handling experience (Preferred)
- Collection Techniques
- Basic working knowledge with Microsoft Word and Excel (test required - 60% or higher on basic skills)
- Basic working knowledge of Microsoft Access
Hertz is a Drug-Free Workplace. All employment is contingent on successful completion of drug and background screening.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills (Business Communications assessment given)
- Excellent customer service and telephone skills/experience
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Must be able to work well with others
- Must be attentive to detail
- Must be an independent worker and able to work with minimal supervision
- Criminal background check due to access to Personal identifiable Data (PID)
Preferred Requirements :
One year Credit and Collection experience
Apply for this job:
Your application choices are:
- Apply for this job online
- Email this job opportunity to a friend
- Add this job to your Social Network!
Hertz - 23 months ago
Hertz operates its car rental business through the Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty and Firefly brands from approximately 11,555 corporate and...