Universal Air Travel Plan is the corporate travel payment network owned and issued by airlines around the world (uatp.com). If you are a self-starter interested in a job with lots of technical growth potential and great company benefits, UATP currently has an opportunity for an Information System Specialist in a
7 person MIS department.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Work with MIS team to review, evaluate, implement, maintain and enhance a series of database and web applications for UATP.
- Provide production application recovery.
- Perform preventive maintenance on applications to ensure optimal performance (i.e. archiving, compacting and repair).
- Prepare written documentation, both user and technical as required; and upload to the website as necessary.
- Provide user support for applications, both in-house and/or third party, as required.
- Assist with the design, development and implementation of application modifications as required.
Assist network management vendor with onsite Help Desk Functions to UATP user community and assist with the maintenance of UATP electronic equipment (servers, laptops, workstations, PDA’s, printers, etc.).
- Keep maintenance and inventory records on servers, computers, software licenses, and other equipment.
- Work with network management vendor to resolve problems that cannot be corrected via remote access.
- Install, configure and maintain third party software and licensing on UATP electronic equipment as needed.
Work with MIS team to document processes and procedures; cross-train on both web development and databases, provide backup coverage for MIS responsibilities during vacations or other absences.
- Assist the MIS team with UATP initiatives as assigned.
- 2 or 4 year Technical Degree or Certificate in a computer related discipline.
- 2 years’ experience in user support or other computer discipline.
- Strong command of the English language, both written and verbal. Must possess the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical staff and teach simple concepts.
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Software required
- Experience with or exposure to SQL Server, Visual Basic.Net, C#.Net is a plus
Airline travel privileges, tuition reimbursement plan and 401k with matching contributions; choice of medical plans, plus free life, dental and vision coverage.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested applicants please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to attention:
Indeed - 10 months ago
Universal Air Travel Plan is the corporate travel payment network owned and issued by airlines around the world. UATP is a low-cost payment...