USA-Utah-Salt Lake City
L-3 Communications / D.P. Associates in Salt Lake City, UT seeks a detail-oriented proposal writing to support the sales team.
To organize and oversee proposal writing, editing, illustration and production efforts in response to requests for proposals, information and oral presentations.
- To prepare proposal development schedules, identify the personnel needed, delegate responsibilities, coordinate proposal efforts from start to finish and is responsible for delivering high-quality proposals on deadline.
- Reviews requests for proposals (RFPs); develops proposal plans, compliance matrixes, outlines and schedules; and prepares questions for the potential client
- For each proposal effort, assembles and reviews the efforts of an appropriate team of partners, consultants, subcontractors, writers, editors, illustrators, desktop publishers, proofreaders and quality control and print production personnel.
- Assists proposal team writers and pricing department in preparing the technical and cost components of the proposal, including understanding of the task, plan, past performance and personnel.
- Works directly with the Engineering Department to develop techcnical responses for opportunities
- Reviews proposal draft and final versions for responsiveness to RFP, thoroughness, accuracy, staffing, financial considerations, quality and effective design and layout of customer research, current market conditions and competitive information.
- Creates corporate concepts and boilerplate content for use in future proposals.
- Maintains proposal templates and updates as needed
- Leads post-proposal efforts such as negotiations, contract start-up briefings and "proposal lessons learned" staff meetings
- Tracks customer warranty end dates and works with customers to renew expiring agreements
- Takes the lead on warranty renewals with inside sales
SPECIAL SKILLS: Organization, writing and verbal
EDUCATION: Degree preferred: BA in Business, PR or Communications
EXPERIENCE: Proposal writing experience a plus. Promotional literature experience helpful.
US Security Clearance Required
Day - 1st
D.P. Associates, Inc.
L-3 Communications - 16 months ago
copy to clipboard
L-3 is a top ten defense company that delivers superior performance to the U.S. government, our allies and leading corporations throughout...