Title: Prod Control Associate
Location: United States-Utah-Draper
Job Number: 13013041
Xerox Corporation is a $22 billion leading global enterprise for business process and document management. Through its broad portfolio of technology and services, Xerox provides the essential back-office support that clears the way for clients to focus on what they do best: their real business. Headquartered in Norwalk, Conn., Xerox provides leading-edge document technology, services, software and genuine Xerox supplies for graphic communication and office printing environments of any size. Xerox also offers extensive business process outsourcing and IT outsourcing services, including data processing, HR benefits management, finance support, and customer relationship management services for commercial and government organizations worldwide.
If you meet the requirements of this position and want to work for a world-class company with a great marketplace reputation, apply today.
May perform one or more of the following:
· Monitors and oversee workflow production tasks, which include processes that start in remote sites worldwide and are processed in 4 central offshore locations, and must ensure data is returned back to the client on time.
· Remote technical support for PC and scanner for locations around the worldwide.
· Ensures maintenance and updates of job control language and all on-line schedules for assigned shifts, locations, etc.
· Reviews/analyzes logs, forecasts, etc. for ways to improve weak job streams.
· Works with systems staff to coordinate non-standard activities (e.g., database maintenance, hardware maintenance, etc.).
· Monitors backlog.
· Analyzes internal user procedures, process workflow, and deadlines.
· Participates in the administration and troubleshooting of financial tracking/utilization billing.
· Initiates requests for resources and maintains contact with suppliers, vendors, and subcontractors.
· Represents production control during disaster recovery exercises.
· Provides technical assistance to system users in resolving computing production control and operational problems.
· Acts as a central point of contact regarding matters affecting area of responsibility.
· May perform various operations and library functions, such as back-up and error recovery, data/document control and report output distribution.
· Ensures that proper notification and escalation procedures on missed checkpoints or other batch/online processing delays are being followed.
· Develops operating standards and makes recommendations for improvements in overall production.
· Coordinates turnover between shifts to ensure a smooth transition.
· All other duties as assigned.
Computer skills – understanding of how computers work and troubleshoot basic problems. Being able to troubleshoot more than just basic problems is a huge plus (entry level IT or networking skills).
Customer Support skills – person will need to communicate efficiently and resolve customer problems. Help desk experience is a plus.
Language – English position, but French or Spanish or other language would be a plus, but not necessary
This position will start training during dayshift, but will need to be willing to cover the nightshift when nightshift starts.
Person will be responsible to document new systems and ensure teams are trained properly.
Xerox Business Services, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance. People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox Business Services, LLC may request such accommodation(s) by calling 1-866-419-2226 or by sending an e-mail email@example.com.
Virtual/work from home? No
- 2 years ago - save job
Why build your career at Xerox?
Because every day you’ll work alongside people who are as passionate about new ideas, customer...