Responsible for managing the overall customer service and support of the business applications used within Boulder Community Hospital. Specifically:
• Oversee the day to day operations of the Business Applications Analysts and other assigned staff within the Business Applications Services Department.
• Monitor internal and vendor issue tracking systems for problem identification, analysis and proper resolution of identified issues and ensure timely completion with a high degree of customer satisfaction.
• Oversee both scheduled and unscheduled business system maintenance activities and maintains internal departmental documentation.
• Assist customers with identifying system needs and assign available/appropriate resources when/where appropriate.
• Recommend, design, test and implement new or updated business software and/or workflow changes and ensure that deadlines are met, communication is effective and staff education is conducted in support of the new/upgraded system or workflow
• Ensure business analyst resources are assigned appropriately to new and strategic initiatives approved by Management Council.
• Ensure high availability of business applications, and work to maintain and/or improve patient safety and business workflow.
The person in this position will work closely with all hospital departments, physicians, contracted vendors and other hospital staff to support and maintain the business applications at BCH, including those used in the physician clinics. They will work closely with the other managers and directors in the Application Services, Technical Infrastructure, and Project Management Departments in the performance of their duties.
This position supervises the Business Application Analysts and is an exempt position with on-call responsibilities.
Education or Formal Training
Bachelor of Science Degree in Systems Analysis & Design, IT Applications, or other healthcare or technology related field is preferred.
Special Qualifications (Licensure, Registration, etc.)
1. Valid Colorado driver’s license required
2. Related certifications preferred
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
1. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
2. Must have demonstrated ability to lead and organize; exercise mature judgment, tact, and discretion; maintain cost effectiveness, and perform duties in an accurate and precise manner during the course of normal operations and in emergency situations when time is critical; formulate and implement short and long term goals and objectives; handle/direct multiple tasks simultaneously.
3. Effective negotiator and consensus builder - able to work effectively with diverse groups of people.
4. General knowledge of all hospital department operations, especially those with business functions.
5. Knowledge of general principles of information systems, project management, computer usage, system lifecycle stages, and the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL).
6. Ability to identify problems, collect data, establish facts and solve problems related to computer systems/software and assist staff doing the same.
7. Ability to prioritize work responsibilities, meet established deadlines and assist staff with the same.
8. Ability to maintain the privacy and confidentiality of patient electronic protected health information (ePHI) and departmental documents
9. Must have foundational knowledge of and ability to stay current with local, state, federal regulations for Meaningful Use, Joint Commission, the Health Information Portability & Accountability Act and other regulatory requirements for health information system management.
10. Must have good organizational skills and the ability to follow up/follow through on commitments.
Three years experience in a management position within a hospital setting required. Five years preferred
MATERIALS AND EQUIPMENT DIRECTLY USED
1. Personal Computer
2. Printers and Multi-Functional Devices
3. Telephone/Fax Machines
WORKING ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITIES
1. Frequent walking, standing, sitting; traveling between campuses; considerable deskwork; may be required to lift and carry small equipment weighing up to 40 lbs.
2. Work is usually in a clean, air conditioned environment, however may be exposed to cramped work spaces and areas/tasks when caution and good judgment may be exercised to ensure safety
3. Good vision (includes color vision) for working in a highly computerized environment for extended periods of time.