Performs all work as assigned with the confines of the departmental rules and job descriptions to which they are assigned. Normally assigned a variety of tasks in the Dining Services. |
1. Serve the menu of the day in the manner prescribed by the Department of Dining Halls, on customer service lines and by waiting on tables.
2. Transport food and supplies from storage and preparation areas to service areas.
3. Assist in receiving and storing necessary food and supplies and maintain related records.
4. Use and maintain tools and equipment in the prescribed manner, including, but not limited to steam tables, beverage dispenser equipment, food display cases, condiment tables, dishwashing machines, dining room tables and chairs, bussing trucks, etc.
5. Check in customers, receive meal payment, maintain record and perform other clerical duties as prescribed by the assigned supervisor.
6. Clean and maintain area such as, but not limited to, kitchens, dining room, dish room, serving room, and basements.
7. Wash dishes.
8. Assist other employees in the performance of their job, as directed by responsible supervisors, using the necessary equipment in the performance of their jobs.
9. Observe safety standard and practices.
10. Perform related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
Required Education and Experience
High School diploma or equivalent.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Ability to read, write, follow written and oral instructions; ability to meet and serve customers in a polite and friendly manner.
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Must be neat in appearance and work habits.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Must comply with safety and sanitation regulations as prescribed by a law.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Must comply with proper dress code as designated by the department.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Performs the four basic arithmetic operations.
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...