About Us: |
Sleepy Giant is a leading co-publisher and service provider across all digital platforms. We partner with forward-thinking IP owners to launch, operate, and grow entertainment publishing platforms. Some of our partners we work with include Activision, Disney, Sea World, and Ubisoft. Sleepy Giant is an independent, privately owned company, based in Newport Beach, CA, with offices in Culver City and Chicago.
If you ’re a smart, talented individual looking for a fun, fast-paced, and stimulating work environment, where your contributions can (and will) make a difference, then Sleepy Giant is the place for you.
What It ’s all about:
You°ll contribute to the full-stack development of our new product called FoFoFum, which is a cloud based backend service focused on monetization of mobile/social games, using modern web technologies like Ruby, Rails, Sinatra, Node.js, redis, mongo, memcached, etc.
Job Responsibilities/about you:
- You have a hacker°s spirit and an engineer°s discipline.
- You°re comfortable banging out code on the fly as you rapid-prototype your latest cool idea.
- You can effectively articulate technical challenges and a variety of solutions.
You Can Look Forward To:
- Experience in building complex, successfully delivered software systems.
- Experience and opinions about professional software engineering best-practices.
- BS, Computer Science or equivalent
- Easy grasp of programming languages such as Ruby, Python and Java
- Non-relational Databases
- MVC architectures
- Strong sense of visual design and user experience
- Able to quickly perform problem isolation in an online production environment
- The ability to work under minimal supervision, independently and/or as a member of a project team.
- Ability to handle multiple complex projects at the same time, while keeping detailed logs of activities
- Our team is talented and small.
- Your contribution will matter, your work will be interesting, and you will constantly learn.
- Growth opportunities: The company is growing quickly, and as we grow, there are many advancement opportunities for management, software architecture, etc.
- Solid perks. We are committed to our team°s high quality of life:
- Full medical, dental, vision benefits
- Competitive pay
- Paid vacation days
- Volunteer time off program
- Fully stocked pantry and bagel Mondays
- Regular company social eventsâ, including weekly happy hours
Sleepy Giant - 20 months ago