Responsible for planning, organizing, directing, supervising and controlling the management and delivery of quality patient care, services and operational activities within assigned medical practice location(s).
1. Actively demonstrates the organization's mission and core values, and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
2. Knows and adheres to all laws, accreditation standards and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety and medical information.
3. Develops, implements and evaluates annual revenue and expense budgets for assigned medical practice location. Manages operational and business driven performance and budgetary variances.
4. Develops, in conjunction with medical practice site physicians, implements and evaluates annual practice marketing and physician and healthcare provider promotion plans. Develops, implements and evaluates new or modified patient care or operational support services for assigned medical practice location(s).
5. Develops, implements and evaluates annual operational goals and objectives for assigned medical practice location(s) compatible with network strategic plan and greater Ministry Organization goals and needs.
6. Ensures the provision and delivery of cost-effective, high quality, accessible and efficient customer oriented service delivery by physicians and associates of assigned practice location(s).
7. Responsible for the hiring of new clinical and support staff associates for assigned practice location(s) in collaboration with practice physician staff. Assures the completion of all required human resource activities related to hiring, promotion/transfer, corrective action, payroll, associate separation processes and procedures.
8. Ensures that newly hired and established associates receive orientation, ongoing training, skills assessment and skills maintenance for clinical, professional, business, technical and computer technology proficiencies. Provides training assessment, ongoing training or training support for associates to ensure knowledge and skills in customer relations, service excellence, safety procedures and patient care protocols.
9. Actively ensures patient, customer, physician and associate satisfaction with service delivery or site and organizational work environment. Promotes and fosters a positive organization culture within medical practice location(s) and network. Demonstrates desirable behaviors, values and culture by personal example.
10. Directs and controls scheduling of associates and assigns work activities utilizing variable staffing techniques, cross-training methodologies and cost benefit analysis processes. Ensures that work systems, workflow and staffing systems promote timely, efficient and cost effective service delivery and customer satisfaction.
11. Monitors, evaluates and audits daily operational and financial activities and assures the integrity of work performed by associates. Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of patient registration, demographic information and service charge posting, ensuring that daily financial records are accurately maintained and banking transactions completed on a daily basis. Assists, as necessary, in the resolution of billing or collection problems; provides leadership and support to staff, regarding coding, billing procedures, collection processes and other necessary financial and compliance processes.
12. Maintains compliance by physicians, healthcare providers and associates with network work standards, policies and procedures and quality and service standards required by external agencies or accreditation bodies.
13. Participates in Network and Ministry Organization work groups, committees, task force groups and education/ training activities.
14. Duties & responsibilities include accuracy of documenting services and supplies provided to patients, including those that may produce patient charges. If designated as a "Revenue Lead", additional responsibilities will include revenue reconciliation and charge-error correction as specified by departmental process and hospital policy.
15. Performs other duties and activities as may be assigned.
JOB SPECIFICATIONS AND CORE COMPETENCIES
Education: Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
Experience: Demonstrated supervisory experience and responsibilities with three to five years of progressive experience in a medical office practice or ambulatory medical service setting required. Acute healthcare management experience of two to three years in a mid to large size healthcare organization will be considered. Highly proficient in the use of computers and standard office application software programs.
Other Job Requirements:
Possess strong skills in verbal and written communication, analytical and problem solving, staff supervision, multitasking, risk management and team performance enhancement.
Assigned hours within your shift, starting time, or days of work are subject to change based on departmental and/or organizational needs.
Note: Specific competencies relating to the units assigned and ages of patients served are separately maintained within each department.
Saint Joseph Regional Medical Center - 2 years ago
St. Joseph Hospital of Orange is a values-based Catholic healthcare provider with a tradition of and commitment to excellence based, on the...