The Partnership Development Manager initiates positive customer relations, provides pertinent information via family contact to reflect client’s condition and collects data from patient, physicians, discharge teams, social workers and nursing homes so the clinical team can perform a comprehensive assessment for hospice eligibility.
The Partnership Development Manager garners networking relationships with physicians, community health facilities as well as office-based practices, private practice, in group practices, in hospital settings, nursing homes, public housing representatives, assisted living facilities, and skilled care facilities within defined geographic territories.
1. Effective communication abilities including strong verbal and written group presentation skills.
2. BA or BS degree preferred.
3. Excellent sales skills with a proven track record of success over a multi-year period in healthcare sales preferred.
4. At least three years of documented, successful sales to physicians, discharge planners, etc. or related experience in the healthcare industry, preferred.
5. A Minimum of two years experience in health care preferably, SNF, home care or hospice is acceptable.
6. A demonstrable history of building and influencing client relationships and goal achievement and knowledge of Medicare, managed care and insurance reimbursement a plus.
7. Employee must be computer literate, have a reliable car, valid driver's license, current car insurance, and good driving record.
8. Builds relationships with physicians, hospitals and nursing homes to increase patient referrals; thus, providing the care needed to terminally ill patients and their families.
9. Grows profitable revenue and builds market shares within designated service areas.
10. Sells, maintains, and documents all referral activities for hospice services to physicians, discharge planners, and various clinicians and facilities within a defined geographic territory.
11. Develops annual work plans in partnership with the Director of Business Development, hospice administrator, as well as staff, that generate new patient activity and create deeper relationships with referring physicians and other referring staff.
12. Generates measured improvement in optimal payer mix and responsible for developing a physician referral network.
13. Coordinates community relations, marketing and business development activities in the region to generate positive name recognition and consumer relations.
14. Develops and implements presentations to groups of healthcare personnel and the general public in health fairs and support groups.
15. Implements the marketing plan: Identifies and develops referral sources. Meets and exceeds established referral and admission goals.
16. Acts as a liaison between medical markets and clinical staff to obtain/provide current patient information.
17. Functions independently, makes decisions, problem solves, and utilizes resources as necessary.
18. Visits with physicians, discharge planners, other related health-care providers regarding service provision, contracts and communication with hospice.
19. Makes marketing presentations to current and prospective clients to educate them about hospice services.
20. Maintains a networking base in the community.
21. Collaboratively communicates/consults with the licensed professional on any referrals received and follows through with the Director of Nursing and/or Patient Care Manager.
22. Works to assure mutual goal setting and achievement standards within the marketing team.
23. Attends meetings, health fairs etc as requested by the VP of Community Relations and/or CEO.
24. Is flexible and persistent and takes initiative to effect positive changes.
25. Promotes the hospice mission and vision within the community.
26. Projects concerned, professional attitude/appearance toward hospice staff, referral sources and general public.
27. Performs other duties as assigned by his/her direct supervisor.