Manages the aggregation, identification and assessment of credit risk within the Company
s credit portfolios and oversees the analysis and monitoring of credit risk via preparation of Board, Group, regulatory and management reporting. Analyzes portfolio composition, identifies and highlights areas of risk and develops technological design enhancements to improve risk reporting. Monitors performance of risk rating systems and decision support tools; implements new decision support tools.
Impact on the Business
- Manage the credit analysis and reporting of the Company
s credit and loan portfolios including identification and assessment of risk concentrations and caps, portfolio diversification and the impact of market conditions. Prepare reports and summaries that monitor and control credit risk throughout the institution. Oversee development of new processes, procedures, data sources and reporting techniques to ensure credit risk is accurately identified, measured, monitored and controlled per regulatory and Group guidelines.
Leadership & Teamwork
- Oversee development and improvement of credit risk reports, procedures and guidelines to account for changing regulatory, economic and political environments, ensuring timely and accurate responses to business and/or functional unit needs. Manage development of consolidated North American (HNAH) reporting, working with personnel in
, Treasury and various units throughout HNAH.
Operational Effectiveness & Control
- Direct development of accurate data mining processes and ensure Company loans and other credit exposures are properly monitored, measured and controlled within prudent banking principles, new risk tools, products and/or markets. Oversee examination of data stored in commercial systems and credit applications, review respective outputs and interfaces and serve as conduit to correct/improve data integrity and reporting.
Management of Risk
- Manage provision of technical, analytical and/or system support that provide and improve operational effectiveness of credit applications, mainframe systems and supporting databases to enhance quality of data and analysis of credit risk. Identify opportunities to automate or modify activities or procedures to increase efficiencies and maintain a competitive advantage.
- Ensure timeliness and accuracy of credit reporting, adhering to internal policies and external regulations and maximizing contribution to economic profit. Coordinate activities with other areas of Credit and the Company, ensuring smooth implementation of new and/or enhanced processes or systems. Meet with senior business and/or functional management to discuss and respond to their needs for technical, project and/or operational support. Provide credit risk reports to Risk Management Committees and monitor credit quality, preparing summaries of provisions, non-accruals and criticized levels to Credit and Finance.
Observation of Internal Controls
- Ensure compliance, operational risk controls in accordance with HSBC or regulatory standards and policies; and optimize relations with regulators by addressing any issues.
- Promote an environment that supports diversity and reflects the HSBC brand.
- Maintains HSBC internal control standards, including timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators.
- Minimum of ten years proven and progressive credit project management experience or equivalent.
- Bachelors degree in business, finance, related field or equivalent experience.
- Strong managerial, communications, problem-solving, project management, planning, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of the business and functional units supported, their products, services and processes and pertinent regulations impacting their delivery.
North America-United States-New York-New York
Type of Vacancy
HSBC - 14 months ago
HSBC Bank Canada is a banking and financial services company. It has three segments: Personal Financial Services, Commercial Banking and Glo...