Summary: Operates pickup or light truck with capacity under 23 tons to transport chemical materials, in packaged form, to and from specified destinations in trade territory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
Supervisory Responsibilities: There are no supervisory responsibilities for this position.
- Delivers chemical and other products to and from customers, dealers or suppliers with company trucks or pickups, verifying loads against delivery tickets or preparing receipts for loads picked up.
- Performs physical count of chemicals loaded and unloaded; notifies Warehouse Manager of discrepancies.
- Maintain truck log according to state federal, and company regulations.
- Loads and unloads trucks using forklift, or pallet jack.
- Assists in securing, water proofing, and placarding all loads on a "need be" basis
- Keeps available telephone or radio contact with Warehouse Manager to receive delivery or pick up instructions.
- Performs routine inspections of all fleet trucks, equipment and supplies to ensure DOT regulations are in compliance, as well as safety concerns are met.; Reports any adverse findings to Warehouse Manager.
- Maintains a safe and clean warehouse, property grounds, office area, and truck fleet to insure OSHA/DOT regulations and company policies are in compliance; reports any findings to Warehouse Manager
- Assists in counting daily and monthly physical inventories; notifies Warehouse Manager of any discrepancies.
- Assists in taking phone calls, printing delivery tickets, and doing day-end procedures as needed.
- Other duties that may be assigned.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies :
Customer Service –Demonstrates an affirmative customer-service focus at all times, maintaining a positive working relationship with customers, dealer-members, prospective customers, co-workers, and the public; Respond promptly to customer needs for service and assistance; Meet commitments; Be able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; Ability to deal with problems involving delivery or pick up situations; Apply common sense understanding to carry out written or oral instructions.
Professionalism - Present positive impression of the company; Contribute to building a positive team spirit; Treat people with respect and consideration; Inspire the trust of others; Work with integrity, honesty, and ethically; Uphold organizational goals and values; Accept responsibility for own actions; Listen to instruction and get clarification; Reacts well under pressure; Uses reason and keeps emotions under control; Be able to read and interpret written information.
Safety and Security - Observe and follow policy, safety and security procedures; Report potentially unsafe conditions; Use equipment and materials properly.
Dependability - Be consistently at work and on time; Follow instructions, Use time efficiently; Respond to management direction; Commit to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals and deadlines.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience – Three to six months verifiable previous driving experience; Must be 21 years of age.
Language Skills - Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with customers or employees of organization.
Mathematical Skills - Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations - Current driver’s license; Class B CDL license with airbrakes and HAZMAT endorsements; Favorable DOT physical required; Negative-result drug test.
Training Requirements - Receive required training for programs such as hazardous materials, first aid awareness, forklift/loader, etc. (See Company Guideline Requirements).
Other Skills, Abilities and Qualifications - Operate a forklift; Mechanical skills needed to perform minor maintenance tasks on trucks and building.
United Suppliers - 18 months ago
United Suppliers, founded in 1963, is a wholesale organization based in the rural community of Eldora, Iowa. We are owned by agricultural...