Salem Health is a not-for-profit regional health system in Oregon’s mid-Willamette Valley that includes Salem Hospital, along with West Valley Hospital, a critical-access hospital; Willamette Health Partners (medical group comprising primary-care and specialty practices), and other affiliated healthcare organizations. Salem Hospital, a Magnet®-recognized facility , is a regional referral center and one of the largest acute-care hospitals in Oregon. Our hospital is licensed for 454 acute care beds, and is guided by a 15-member volunteer Board of Trustees. The hospital is the city of Salem's largest private employer, with approximately 3,500 full and part-time employees.
Salem Health is seeking a dynamic, experienced, team-oriented and quality focused individual to assume the role of Education & Compliance Coordinator . The Education & Compliance Coordinator for Willamette Health Partners (WHP) has the primary responsibility of developing and maintaining a robust education support system for the staff and providers within WHP to ensure WHP staff provide safe, effective and competent care for patients. Scope of responsibilities include, but is not limited to: staff competency and education, compliance with organizational policies, accreditation standards, governmental regulations and professional standards of care.
Special skills, knowledge and/or ability: Must have familiarity with Joint Commission and other relevant regulatory requirements. Demonstrated ability to teach and lead others. Exceptional planning skills, attention to detail and documentation skills required. Must possess excellent communication and interpersonal relationship skills and ability to respect and maintain strict confidentiality.
- Developing, conducting and ongoing monitoring of the effectiveness of the new staff, provider and leader orientation and on-boarding processes within WHP.
- Working in conjunction with Clinical Education, develops annual education plan and content for WHP staff. This may include WHP specific online modules as well as in person in-service sessions that meet the education needs of WHP as well as meets regulatory requirements. Monitors education completion and works with WHP leadership on addressing lack of compliance with mandatory requirements.
- Assesses ongoing education needs of clinical staff. Works with WHP leadership to develop action plans and in-services to address those needs effectively to ensure compliance with regulatory agencies.
- Works with Clinical Education to ensure competency validation of WHP staff. Maintains competency records for WHP staff.
- Works with HR Manager to determine leadership development training needs. Refers to Salem Health Leadership Academy courses where appropriate. In conjunction with WHP HR Manager, develops and conducts ad hoc leadership training sessions, as needed.
- Acts as a liaison between the Kaizen Promotion Office and Clinic Managers to assist in implementing lean methodology and principles in the outpatient setting.
- Works with WHP leadership to prepare for audits and surveys such as Joint Commission (JCAHO), Department of Public Health (DPH), Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA), and the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA).
- Works with leadership to ensure a state of ongoing readiness. Conducts internal quarterly audits on identified topics to address issues of ongoing readiness. Works closely with Salem Health’s Accreditation & Safety staff and serves as an internal expert on regulatory issues within WHP.
Employment Requirements: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in nursing, business or other related field required. Minimum of three (3) years of experience in Education, Human Resources or leadership in the health care field. Previous experience in medical group operations strongly preferred. RN license required.
Upon date of hire, applicants will be required to complete the U.S. Department Homeland Security’s I-9 form confirming authorization to work in the United States. Salem Hospital is not able to support VISA sponsorships.
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must reflect all relevant licenses, certifications, education, and experience noted in the requirements and minimum qualification sections of this job posting. Without this information, candidates cannot be considered for positions to which they may be qualified.