Senior Network Engineer -
Our client is looking for a senior network engineer with strong:Linux - Ubuntu, Slackware, Suse, Red Hat,with networking experience - NAT, DNS, DHCP, Firewalls, Security
Kevin McCarthy | Liberty Personnel, Inc.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully configure network devices in an enterprise production setting similar in scope, size and complexity. Example of devices that may be configured, include: routers, switches, csu/dsus, content management switches, caching devices, firewalls, wireless controllers, access points, etc.
- Thorough understanding of routed and routing protocols; demonstrated ability to troubleshoot medium to complex IPv4 routing issues.
- Thorough understanding of Layer2 technologies and ability to clearly explain and articulate Layer2 strengths and weaknesses.
- knowledge of layer 2 switching and related technologies, i.e. Cisco switches, EtherChannel, BPDU Guard, Port Security, and Spanning Tree Technologies.
- knowledge of layer 3 routing technologies, i.e. EIGRP, OSFP, BGP and HSRP.
- Moderate knowledge of QOS.
- Moderate knowledge of MPLS.
- Thorough understanding of IPv4 and 32-bit numbers.
- Working knowledge of IPv6 and 128-bit numbers.
- understanding of IP, Enhanced Interior Gateway Routing Protocol (EIGRP), Serial Line Interface Protocol Frame Relay, Routing Information Protocol Version 2 (RIPv2),VLANs, Ethernet, and access control lists (ACLs).
- May configure and maintain network related systems that run Windows, Linux, or Unix as an operating system.
- Thorough understanding of different IPv4 addresses, inclusive of loopback, unicast, multicast, limited and directed broadcast.
- Will have a thorough understanding of the OSI network model, Ethernet, and TCP/IP networking.
- A solid level of experience implementing and administrating common TCP/IP-based services, including DNS, DHCP, HTTP, FTP, SSH, SMTP, etc.
- Candidate must be proficient in the use of mainstream network troubleshooting tools, such as MRTG, Cacti, SmokePing, HP Openview, Cisco Works, etc. With no guidance and/or oversight, candidate is expected to install, configure, and interpret results of Network Analyzers.
410 Feheley Drive | King of Prussia, PA 19406 | 610-941-6300 x107 | firstname.lastname@example.org
www.libertyjobs.com | http://www.linkedin.com/pub/kevin-mccarthy/0/521/133