Registered Nurse-PACU (Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital)
Requisition #: 69505
Status: Full-Time with Full-Time Benefits (40 Hours)
Business Unit: HF West Bloomfield
HFWB Post Anesthesia Care Unit
Job Family: Nurses
Job Function: Nursing
Campus/Job Location : Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
Location (State/City): US-MI-West Bloomfield
More information about this position
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
-* Please note!! This is a Sourcing Requisition for various shifts and RN-PACU positions as they become available at Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital. Candidates will be contacted accordingly, once opportunities become available.**
- The Pre-Post Anesthesia RN will administer care to the Pre/Post Anesthesia patients under minimal supervision, and will integrate physiologic, medical, surgical anesthetic information to give appropriate patient care.
- The pre/Post Anesthesia RN must be able to care for surgical patients of all ages and all levels of acuity.
- Coordinates the care of groups of patients with multi-system needs.
- Must meet or exceed core customer service responsibilities, standards and behaviors, to assist HFHS in achieving the customer services vision/philosophy.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
- Minimum of six-months clinical nursing experience in a critical care setting and/or demonstrated level of performance or practice required.
- Clinical knowledge and analytical abilities necessary to formulate effective nursing care.
- Current licensure by the State Board of Nursing.
- ACLS/BLS certification.
- Ability to provide a wide variety of professional nursing services.
- Ability to effectively communicate with patients, families/significant others, and all hospital personnel.
Equal Employment Opportunity
- Two years of previous experience working as an RN within the ICU, ER, and/or PACU.
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight/height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System
- 3 years ago - save job
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...