Job Summary and Mission
As a Systems Analyst Senior, Oracle Inventory, Global technology team, you will have an opportunity to be part of a high growth division within the Starbucks business. You will use your functional IT experience to work on new and sustainment initiatives. You will be responsible for designing and implementing 'best in the class' inventory management system across the Starbucks supply chain network, while having the opportunity to learn the CPG/Retail/Distribution/Manufacturing space as we continue to grow and build out our organization. You will be working with Starbucks supply chain and operations business in designing and maintaining Oracle Inventory interfaces for 3PL'sand warehouse management systems. You will be part of the team in designing 'Inventory health monitoring system' and transformation to Oracle Business Intelligence tool. You will be responsible for setting up new Organizations and inventory transactions set ups for new distribution centers or manufacturing locations globally. You will also have an opportunity to work together with Starbucks global Planning IT team and planning applications such as Oracle ASCP, Manugistics and Logility.
This job contributes to Starbucks' success by applying knowledge of business requirements and systems technology to effectively support existing processes/applications while identifying, designing, and deploying enhanced process and technology solutions supporting the operational requirements and/or strategic initiatives of a specific business unit or function. Contributes to overall business requirements and provides process consulting on projects and sustainment initiatives of moderate scope and complexity. Participates in functional requirements and solution design activities across initiative teams, various Information Technology (IT) groups, and business stakeholders to collaboratively develop effective solutions. Leverages subject matter expertise to drive the resolution of more complex business technology challenges.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
- Identifies and effectively assesses improvement opportunities (productivity/efficiency gains, cost savings, etc.)
- Gathers, analyzes, and documents business requirements to support the design and development of technology and/or process solutions
- Leverages relevant process and technology expertise to propose appropriate solution options
- Translates business requirements into technology solutions. Clearly defines and communicates targeted functional solution via functional design specifications. Verifies technical designs satisfy functional requirements.
- Performs application configuration in support of solution delivery initiatives
- Coordinates solution delivery activities with vendors as required
- Participates in solution testing efforts by developing test plans, preparing test environments, coordinating the test execution, and validating test results.
- Creates system and end-user documentation to support new system implementation, enhancement deployment, and incident management efforts.
- Delivers training and performs knowledge transfer to team members as required.
- Supports project initiation efforts by assisting in the definition of project scope and the development of work plans, estimates, and timelines
- Leverages subject matter expertise in analyzing and troubleshooting moderately complex system/user issues to drive resolution and determine root cause
- Coordinates issue resolution efforts across peer support groups, technical support teams, and vendors as required
- Effectively coordinates and communicates issues resolution with end-users
- Correlates related production issues and assesses trends to identify broader improvement opportunities Extends technology support internationally to support global business operations
- Effectively facilitates/negotiates through challenging situations
- Interfaces across organization levels comfortably with internal business customers, technical support resources, and external business partners
- May lead project teams or direct the activities of a given project phase
- Supports the development of less-experienced analysts through coaching and mentoring
- Supports team building and internal process improvement efforts
Summary of Experience
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Diverse IT / business experience – 8 + years
- Oracle Inventory Management systems, preferably in a complex and diverse systems environment - 8 years
- Experience in Functional Lead Implementation role
- 8 Years
- Functional hands on experience with multiple implementations Oracle EBS Inventory management (Oracle E-Business suite – 11.5.10, R12)
- Experience in systems design, testing and implementation within a large, global organization - 8 years
- Analytical and problem-solving in a fast-paced environment - 8 years
- Exposure to other Oracle e-business suite applications like Order Management, Cost Accounting, PO, Manufacturing
- Exposure to Oracle and 3PL Integration
- Strong experience in supporting Oracle e-business suite Application – Inventory module, Order Management, PO etc.
- Experience in working with various diversified 3PL Integrations and Warehouse Management Integrations.
- Advanced knowledge of system tools and features: SQL, TOAD (or similar), Oracle Database, SQL Server
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and changing environment
- Negotiation and conflict management skills
- Working knowledge of all facets of systems development and operations
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills, including the ability to interact with senior leadership and provide input to the decision-making process
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, Visio, Outlook, Powerpoint
- Ability to understand, analyze and develop operational processes and procedures
- Ability to use business knowledge, sound judgment, and resourcefulness to identify and select among varied courses of action
Starbucks - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard
Our employees, who we call partners, are at the heart of the Starbucks Experience. We believe in treating our partners with respect and...