This position exists to process Home Care supply orders for home therapies, home medical equipment and supplies (limited to specific therapy types). The incumbent is a liaison between Home Care Services and clients and their families. May communicate on occasion with physician' offices, clinics, hospital staff, and community agencies. The incumbent serves as a resource to external and internal customers. This position is responsible for determining eligibility and performing pre-certification prior to sending resupply orders. QUALIFICATIONS/KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS/ABILITIES
- Requires knowledge of ICD9 and HCPC coding.
- Requires knowledge of Medicare; Medicaid guidelines.
- Requires knowledge of home care including therapies; DME and HME.
- Requires knowledge of hospital discharge planning processes.
- Requires understanding of medical terminology.
- Requires knowledge of DME manufacturer's sizes; availability; etc .
- Requires strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Requires knowledge of software applications.
- Requires knowledge of PRISM or Mestamed system.
- Requires knowledge of billing procedures.
- Requires strong interpersonal skills to promote Home Care positively in the community.