Requisition ID: |
Puerto Rico Ops
Business Sub Function:
Business Unit Management
PR City: Arroyo Shift: 1st Job Description: Basic Function:
Manages Production, Manufacturing Engineering and Supply Chain Operations in Puerto Rico.
- Drive a structured approach to data gathering, analysis, decision-making, and communication relative to Puerto Rico Operations
- Manage overall manufacturing operations in Puerto Rico, through delivery of finished products to distribution locations
- Continuously improve PR Campus technical processes
- Develop and continuously improve materials management and supply chain systems for the PR Campus
- Provide operations structure and oversight for the Puerto Rico Campus
- Lead the continuous improvement of Puerto Rico Campus operations
- Ensure operations meet or exceed our customer’s expectations, and the expectations of relevant regulatory agencies globally
- Manage the Manufacturing Engineering function in the Puerto Rico Campus, ensuring continuous improvement of processes and products
- Continuously monitor capacity for PR operations to ensure cadent supply
- Develop human resources for the PR Campus to maximize the team’s potential, and to optimize organizational development
- Maintain and continuously improve supply chain and materials management systems for the campus
- Prepare long- and short-term plans for the PR Campus operations and ensure execution complies with established requirements
- Provide operational guidance to Finance, HR, Quality and Advanced Operations functions
- Manage directly and/or through subordinate supervisors the activities of Production, Manufacturing Engineering and Supply Chain Operations in Puerto Rico.
- Sedentary work: Exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, etc. Generally involves sitting most of the time.
- Communicate with large groups of people.
- Review printed materials.
- Ability to use common office equipment (e.g. calculator, computer terminal, fax machine, etc.).
- Generate and explain detailed proposals, guidelines, and procedures.
- Analyze and resolve non-routine issues using independent judgment.
- Routinely make decisions which affect immediate operations and may have a company-wide effect.
- Observe and correct minute inconsistencies (e.g. in the printed word, a Materials process or system).
- Demonstrated ability to influence others in a business environment; ability to quickly gain respect of and support from fellow leaders
- Financial Analysis skills required
- Strategic Analysis skills required
- 10-15 years of experience in Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, Human Resources and/or Quality functions, preferably in medical device, or other regulated industry. Plant management experience is highly preferred.
- Experience working with project team collaboration tools
Required Education and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree (Basic sciences, engineering, or similar technical/financial field)
- Technical Bachelor’s Degree preferred: science/engineering, or financial/business
- Strong understanding of FDA Quality System Requirements and related global Medical Device Quality Standards
- Thorough understanding of regulated manufacturing concepts
Percent Travel Required:
Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and together with our customers, we are driven to make healthcare...