Working under regular guidance of more experienced advising staff in the College of Science & Technology Office of Student Services, the Associate Advisor provides academic support by working closely with students and records. Primary duties include developmental advising, assisting students in setting goals and academic plans, registration assistance, and support for collegiate activities such as orientation, open house, and graduation. Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree and one year of experience in an academic setting in higher education or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Required Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated understanding of Microsoft Office, including word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and databases.
- Ability to learn, understand and interpret a highly complex curriculum.
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills, along with the ability to effectively interact with a diverse group of students.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks and provide appropriate follow-up services.
- Demonstrated customer service experience.
- Ability to make presentations to various size groups.
Compliance Statement: In the performance of their functions as detailed in the position description employees have an obligation to avoid ethical, legal, financial and other conflicts of interest to ensure that their actions and outside activities do not conflict with their primary employment responsibilities at the institution. Employees are also expected to understand and be in compliance with applicable laws, University and. employment policies and regulations, including NCAA regulations for areas and departments which their essential functions cause them to interact
- Advanced training and/or coursework towards advanced degree.
Temple University - 2 years ago