PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:|
To increase revenue, market share and manage profitability within Temp-Flex (a division of Molex), as part of the Cable Products Business Unit, Integrated Products Division. Responsible for developing business plans, product solutions and driving sales and customers to reach the expected growth levels of the business.
1.Manages all strategic activities within assigned core accounts and territory. Works with other areas of the organization to provide technical, sales, quality, and service support as needed. Keeps the organization informed of trends, opportunities, and needs at specific accounts and key markets.
2.Works closely with Molex Sales Engineers globally, to include training, joint account sales calls, lead generation, technical support, and key account follow-up.
3.Develops and/or implements strategic business plans to achieve key revenue, share, and profit goals for assigned markets
4.Conducts research to analyze competitive position, market trends, and technological direction at customers
5.Services customers by identifying current and future needs, building relationships, promoting products and technologies. Works with other departments to solve problems as they relate to pricing, delivery and quality.
6.Prepares reports and tracking documents relative to meeting performance goals, forecasting revenue and profit results, forecasts, status reports, identifying new opportunities, and implementing programs. (Includes monthly reports on travel and Major Opportunities and weekly reports summarizing account calls).
7.In conjunction with Sales, ensures the necessary programs are added to the Temp-Flex CRM pipeline to meet business goals and objectives.
8.Serves as expert in areas of technology, product needs, market segments, and business processes. Holds product seminars, creates presentations, provides training and/or technical support, attends trade shows and coordinates control and communication documentation.
9.Identifies new product applications and opportunities in the markets or customer segments. Works with accounts to identify new future products and supports/sponsors the development of these new products at the entities
10.Assists and or coordinates the preparation of technical support documentation, product promotion materials, qualification and testing documents necessary to meet customer or program needs, objectives and goals.
11.Understand, support, and contribute to Molex TQM and Quality / Environmental Management Systems by following approved policies and procedures
12.Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Required: Bachelors degree in business or a technical area of study.
Preferred: Bachelors degree in Engineering
- 5+ years sales/marketing experience in cable products used in Medical, Automated Test and Measurement, Military or Aerospace or closely related industries.
- 2+ years sales/marketing experience in cable or interconnects in a remote or field based position.
- Superior PC skills – Excel, Word, Powerpoint, and Outlook
- Product or Project Management experience
Support all SE’s West of Mississippi to include Asia. Location is flexible but preferred to be close to a major market area with an international airport Southern CA, Arizona, or Texas.
- Organizational skills to anticipate, plan, prioritize, and self-monitor workload. Effective written and oral communication skills that demonstrate the ability to express ideas, exchange information clearly and concisely, and to prepare and deliver concise and effective presentations to customers and Molex Personnel.
- Interpersonal skills to effectively work with co-workers and external contacts to respond positively to situations.
- Must be self-motivated and goal oriented.
- Primary travel will be within the U.S., international travel to customers, suppliers and plants globally as needed.
- Western BDM maintains a territory consisting of roughly western half of the U.S. and Asia.
- Eastern BDM maintains a territory consisting of roughly eastern half of the U.S. and Europe.
- May be plant, home office or Molex sales office based as required.
That socket you slide your SD or SIM card into? It might have come from Molex. The company is one of the world's largest makers of...