Title: Principal Buyer
Department: Procurement & Logistics
Re-Post Date: 01/18/2013
Close Date: 02/01/2013
Hay Point Evaluation: N/A
100% Hourly Rate of Pay: $36.277* (See Wage Progression Chart)
Position Classification: Non - Safety Sensitive
Reports To: Senior Manager - Technology Procurement
Union Affiliation: Transportation Communications International Union(TCU)
**Note: If you have previously applied to this position there is no need apply again. Your application is still under review.
Please note that this position has been designated as a "Policy Maker," pursuant to the New York State Public Officers Law & the MTA Code of Ethics. As such, you will be required to complete a Financial Disclosure Statement that will be provided to you by the New York State Joint Commission on Public Ethics.
Responsible to plan and monitor bids, quotations, review vendor qualifications and issue purchase orders.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Prepare bid packages, develop new sources of supply and obtain bids.
- Analyze vendor qualifications and prepare cost/price analysis.
- Tabulate quotations, issue purchase orders and negotiate sole source.
- Prepare MTA Board submittals.
- Control high value, critical and sensitive procurements.
- Perform other assignments as requested by Senior Management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business Administration or related field. Demonstrated, directly related, equivalent experience and education may be considered in lieu of the degree, subject to approval.
- Must possess a minimum of four years in a Procurement Department, including a minimum of two years at a Senior Buyer Level.
- Must possess extensive knowledge of procurement principles and techniques.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Accredited Purchasing Practitioner (APP) and/or Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM).
- Experience with I.T. procurement, especially computer hardware/software, software licenses, laptop and desktop computers, peripherals, copiers and printers, voice/data equipment, GPS units and hand-held devices.
We offer competitive salaries and an excellent, comprehensive benefits package, including:
- Full Medical Coverage
- Dental Coverage
- Vision Care
- Life Insurance
- Comprehensive Sick Leave Benefits
- Deferred Compensation
- Vacation/Personal Leave Days
- Transportation Pass Privileges
- Tuition Assistance Reimbursement
- Pension Plan
- In-house training seminars
01/01/12 100% Hourly rate of pay is $36.277
70% - $53,547.31 - 1st. 365 Calendar Days
75% - $57,372.12 - 2nd. 365 Calendar Days
80% - $61,196.92 - 3rd. 365 Calendar Days
85% - $65,021.73 - 4th. 365 Calendar Days
90% - $68,846.54 - 5th. 365 Calendar Days
100% - $76,496.16 - After 1825 Calendar Days
Candidates may be hired at up to the 90% rate of pay for this position.
In addition to meeting the minimum requirements of the position, the selection process may include, but is not limited to, a pre-screening assessment (i.e. physical, written and/ or practical evaluation) and interview. Candidates forfeit further consideration in the process if they fail to participate in any step of the process when scheduled. Make up dates/times will not be given. In addition, LIRR employee applicants must be in their current position for the 12 months immediately preceding the close date of this posting and must possess a satisfactory work history, including attendance and discipline record. Not all qualified applicants are guaranteed an interview due to the competitive selection process. A background investigation, medical examination and safety sensitive drug/alcohol test may also be required.
How To Apply
Qualified applicants can submit an online application by clicking on the 'APPLY NOW' button from either the CAREERS page or from the JOB DESCRIPTION page.
If you have previously applied on line for other positions, enter your User Name and Password. If it is your first registration, click on the CLICK HERE TO REGISTER hyperlink and enter a User Name and Password; then click on the REGISTER button.
All LIRR employees must go to https://portal.mtabsc.info/psp/PXPRD/EXTRANET/PAEXT/h/?tab=DEFAULT, sign in using your BSC ID and navigate to Job Listings (Internal).
When applying for positions, please ensure that you attach a resume during the application process and that you receive a confirmation e-mail that your application was accepted. If you do not receive an e-mail confirmation, your application may not have been received and will not be able to be considered after the deadline date. If you encounter problems, please call the BSC Customer Management Center at (646) 376-0123 Monday through Friday (except MTA-HQ holidays), 8:30am - 5:00pm.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Long Island Rail Road is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse workforce. As such, we encourage applicants from women and members of minority groups.