KeyPoint Government Solutions is currently seeking independent contractor investigators in Wisconsin. Applicants must reside within 50 miles of the city of La Crosse, WI. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Candidates willing to relocate themselves to the area should include a cover letter stating that fact.
Investigators will conduct background investigations as independent contractors in support of national security, focusing on casework for the Office of Personnel Management.
Engagements include conducting background investigations for the purpose of determining employment suitability of persons who require access to sensitive or classified U.S. Government information. Independent contractors will conduct face-to-face interviews with the subject and his/her neighbors, employers, friends, and family, as well as perform record searches at police agencies, courthouses, educational institutions, financial institutions, and medical/mental health facilities. Information obtained will be reported in a clear and concise report on a government-mandated computer system.
This position is ideal for candidates who have other commitments and are only seeking supplementary or limited income by operating on their own. Investigators work from their own home office and the investigation territory includes assignments offered within a 100-mile radius of the investigator’s home area.
- are not employees of KeyPoint
- are able to accept or reject assignments
- are not eligible for benefits
- receive a 1099 and file their own business taxes
- are compensated on an engagement-completed basis
Mandatory Training – please read:
Independent contractors who have not attended an approved OPM background investigator training course and who do not have 18 months of experience working OPM background investigations as recently as the last 12 months must complete 10 weeks of training per OPM contract requirements. Time is unpaid during weeks 1-7, and only the investigator’s own completed casework is paid on a task-completed basis during weeks 8-10.
- Week 1: Teleconference from your home location. The schedule is not flexible.
- Weeks 2-4: Eighty hours, spread over 3 weeks, of shadowing a current investigator in your home location. This schedule is only partially flexible and is dependent on the field trainer’s schedule as well as the availability of interview subjects and sources. If there are not enough tasks in your home location, another location may be designated.
- Weeks 5-7: Three consecutive weeks of classroom training at our Loveland, Colorado headquarters office.
- Weeks 8-10: Eighty hours completing field casework with a current investigator in your home location. This schedule is only partially flexible and is dependent on the field trainer’s schedule as well as the availability of interview subjects and sources. If there are not enough tasks in your home location, another location may be designated.
About KeyPoint Government Solutions, Inc.:
- Candidates with experience conducting OPM background investigations preferred; candidates with 4 years of general work experience or a Bachelor's degree may be considered
- Active federal security clearance with an SSBI is preferred; if chosen candidate does not have an active clearance, the candidate must be able to obtain & maintain a federal government security clearance, which includes an investigation of 10+ years of history including items such as residence, education, employment, financial, medical, and personal records
- U.S. citizenship (required for security clearance)
- Due to travel requirements, a valid driver's license and reliable transportation with proof of current auto insurance are required
- Candidates selected for this position must pass a mandatory post-offer drug test per contract requirements
- Intermediate typing (20+ WPM) and computer skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to effectively manage time and work independently
- Ability to professionally and effectively interact with a variety of individuals
KeyPoint Government Solutions is an investigative and risk-mitigation services company that delivers advisory, monitoring, compliance and other solutions across a variety of related practice areas. Our primary areas of expertise include background investigations, infrastructure safety and security, emergency management, criminal justice services, fraud investigations and program management. Led by team of highly regarded industry authorities, our workforce of almost 1,600 investigators and subject matter experts supports a wide variety of clientele including the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the Office of Personnel Management (OPM), Customs and Border Protection (CBP), and more. Our reputation is consistent with quality, integrity and exceeding both our clients’ and employees’ expectations. KeyPoint has offices in Washington, D.C., New York, N.Y., Austin, Tex., and Loveland, Colo.
KeyPoint Government Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V.
KeyPoint Government Solutions - 11 months ago