Responsible for financial analysis, and is central participant for strategic planning, forecast & budget reviews, and business planning. P artner with Region President, Division Presidents, and other key operational personnel focusing on protecting and optimizing business plan.
FUNDAMENTAL JOB DUTIES
· Business Partnership: focus on proactively identifying trends and opportunities to increase profitability…not just keeping score; knack for staying ahead of business and proactively keeping leadership team in the know and informed, especially of future profitability impacts; exceptional analysis and recommendation capability. Must be forward looking (24+ month view) with ability to develop and analyze “what if” scenarios, identify profit gaps, understanding inputs and outputs from each function and effectively mine & drive for results and profitability. Critical liaison, delivering partnering and open communication between Regional President, Divisions and Corporate functions and leadership.
· Operational forecasting & internal reporting: responsible for oversight and analysis of all region business unit forecasts and communicating challenges and opportunities to Region President. Lead role in management and formation of divisional financial forecasts including quarterly, annual, and detailed five-year forecasts. Monitor and initiate strategic planning process, specifically around business plan. O versee preparation, maintenance, and distribution of business plan. Improve and enhance process at every opportunity. Provide oversight and business acumen to 3-5 divisions
· Strategic analysis: financial/strategic analyses on issues impacting business environment including feasibility of land acquisitions, joint ventures, market analysis of new applications, and working with suppliers on various business issues. Provide comprehensive analyses and summaries on business decisions, including reviewing and vetting acquisition financial proforma(s)s and deal structure. Land purchase review, including coordination with Land Acquisition department on proforma generation and assumptions. Partner with Region President to monitor and drive balance sheet management & utilization and capital allocation. Oversee short and long-term strategic initiatives, leading finance team from each division to develop/present cohesive strategies.
BA/BS degree in Finance. CPA preferred
• Success leading financial outcomes/profitability for high volume division as well as start-up division; strong business acumen with in-depth working knowledge of all facets of business (land, sales, construction, purchasing, etc).
• Local real estate knowledge extremely beneficial
• Strong management capabilities with experience in managing people, department operations, budget preparation and pro-forma management, and track record of managing and growing strong team
• Leadership: Ability to coach and develop talent and grow bench strength. Demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others. Improving and utilizing systems in place and technology available to create efficiency gains where possible. Define best practices and ensure consistency of reporting and analysis across region
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications with advanced skills in Excel
• JD Edwards experience a plus
• Regular interaction and coordination with internal financial and executive management as well as extensive contact with external executives and decision makers
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; strong presentation skills, excellent negotiation skills, and ability to influence others and resolve problems in positive manner
• Must be able to work successfully in team environment and provide mentoring to less experienced individuals in department
• Sound judgment with high level of integrity to execute decisions with significant corporate impact, and ability & experience to balance company's business needs with its risk tolerance in changing financial marketplace
• Self-starter, proactive and creative, takes initiative to address issues
• Accurate with keen attention to detail
• Bias for action: must operate with sense of urgency, driving for results and opportunities to maximize profitability.
• Analytical, with ability to give, receive, analyze information, and interpret complex issues in order to determine root problem and make effective decisions to bring issue to successful conclusion
• Highly organized and flexible; ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet deadlines, often with frequent interruptions and changing circumstances, in high-volume fast-paced work environment
• Travel required to multiple divisions within region (40%-50%)
• Ability to operate automobile, valid state Drivers License, personal vehicle, and liability insurance coverage to meet standard set by Meritage Homes