Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor), is the leading manufacturer and wholesaler of prescription lenses in the United States.
We currently have an IT Software Engineer - TIBCO career opportunity at our Dallas, TX location.
Reporting to the IT Enterprise Integration Technologies Manager, the IT Software Engineer - TIBCO has technical responsibility for the implementation of integration processes and frameworks, primarily leveraging the TIBCO product stack at Essilor of America. This individual will be joining an exciting organization that is leveraging the latest cloud and integration technologies to create a cutting edge enterprise integration platform that will enhance business and IT processes, enable collaboration and modernize customer self service. Working closely with other members of the enterprise architecture team as well as IT application development, support and testing teams, you’ll have the opportunity to showcase your integration development skills to the entire organization and its partners.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Education:
- Develop solutions for all business projects that require system to system integration, leveraging the TIBCO suite of SOA tools.
- Function as a technical lead for all enterprise integration development and administration tasks.
- Create and maintain all deployment process templates for TIBCO messaging and integration artifacts through all environments.
- Certify production level process code and completeness of all documentation before production deployments are performed.
- Design and develop performance monitoring and administration tools for the integrated products suites, including dashboards to properly enable the visibility of operational data within the platform.
- Create and manage online templates for the management of installations, technical administration, tuning, monitoring, and upgrade processes of the integrated products environments.
- Develop and maintain an online framework used to manage the integration environment deployment landscape, ensuring it always remains current and available for easy reference by IT EA and Infrastructure teams.
- Support the integration of enterprise data into all web or mobile delivery layers of the platform.
- Perform as a technical leader for both the integrated technologies and application development teams.
- Become an advocate for the TIBCO platform and best practices within the enterprise.
- Drive the ongoing process of user experience improvements across the platform, via product release cycles.
- Develop administration and support policies around the platform, including change management, user management, product release and performance notifications, environment provisioning and integration.
- Heavy interfacing with other IT development teams. Will also work with TIBCO and other vendor support and engineering teams when necessary to resolve platform problems.
- Communicate to management on issues, risks and status of the integration platform.
- Ensure alignment with corporate standards and strategic technology decisions.
- Ensure that all aspects of the IT SDLC are properly enforced.
- Candidate must possess at least a Bachelor’s Degree, Post Graduate Diploma or Professional Degree in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent.
- 3+ years in messaging middleware such as TIBCO EMS, FTL or RV, MQ Series or open JMS.
- 3+ years in TIBCO Active Matrix Business Works integration technologies, adapters and frameworks.
- 3+ years with development and security of enterprise web services.
- 3+ years experience with Java application development.
- Knowledgeable in TIBCO Business Connect B2B Gateway, Spotfire, CIM, Active Spaces and Business Events.
- Knowledgeable in TIBCO administration tools such as Hawk and Administrator.
- Expert in Linux/UNIX and Windows OS administration.
- Expert UNIX and shell scripting experience a must.
- Strong knowledge of application virtualization technologies and other application infrastructure architectures.
- Experience with administration, deployment and performance tuning of relational DBMS and SQL.
- Understanding of common change management, production support and application operations management processes.
- Familiarity with Subversion SCM tools
- Strong analytical, good communication and inter-personal skills are required as interactions with business and end users a must.