Baylor Emergency Medical Centers are an extension of Baylor Health Care System’s mission to meet the needs of the community by providing hospital-level care to the backyards of North
Texans. Specializing in the delivery of compassionate care for emergency, inpatient and hospice medical needs, Baylor Emergency Medical Centers serve citizens of the North Texas community 24 hours a day, 365 days a year, with dedicated, experienced physicians, nursing and clinical staff caring for patients the way they would want their own family treated.
The purpose of this position is to provide consultation for the facility. The Registered Respiratory Therapist shall provide the services of a qualified therapeutic respiratory technician. The sole responsibility of the Registered Respiratory Therapist shall be to provide guidance and counsel to the facilities respiratory services program.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide consultation to the administration
and staff regarding planning, policy, development and priority setting based on
initial and on-going evaluations of the respiratory service needs.
- Provide respiratory therapy consultation to
any resident in the facility in accordance with physician’s orders.
- Counsel the patient, staff and family with
regards to the patient’s respiratory therapy needs.
- Make appropriate referrals for continuing
- Review sanitation in accordance with current
- Bachelor’s Degree with major studies in specific field of study preferred.
- Licensed Registered Respiratory Therapist by the State of Texas.
- Three years of experience.
- Current BLS.
- Critical care or ER experiences a plus.
- Experience writing policies and procedures for facilities that house Reparatory Therapist
who carry out respiratory therapy consultantion.
Baylor Emergency Medical Center - 12 months ago