Optima is a leading provider of software and services to clients nationwide. We have been engaged exclusively to provide onsite services to a leading provider of laboratory services, software and informatics, and clinical lab testing. Optima’s project will be to provide development and programming expertise on large enterprise systems that support our client’s operations within their own portfolio of applications. The software is dynamic, expansive and ideal for someone seeking a project not isolated to a small piece of code or a single application.
Optima seeks a highly experienced Software Engineer / Developer that considers themselves an expert in object oriented programming within the Microsoft tech stack. Must be extremely proficient in using Django and Python, strong database development skills in MySQL, capable of understanding and implementing complex analytics, and have hands-on experience working with enterprise class systems.
Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
1. Development and maintenance of complex data intensive graphical Django & Python application solutions
2. Proficient in the development and database design specifically in MySQL Database Systems
3. Ability to understand complex analytics and reporting requirements
5. Proven ability to create, maintain and enhance web interfaces
6. Comfortable working in 3 week sprints, performing all tasks within the SDLC, and provide clear & concise verbal & written communications
- Four year IT related degree with major in Computer Science or Mathematics Preferred
- Minimum of 3-4 yrs of programming experience, engineer or product development in complex software environment
- Object Oriented Development Experience Essential
- SCRUM/Agile Experience a Plus
- Database modeling and normalization skills
- Previous experience in labs, business analytics, healthcare information Systems (HIS) or clinical systems a plus
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Minimum of a six month commitment while being open to likely extensions