The Account Manager is responsible for increasing the company’s revenues by achieving sales objectives within designated accounts. This position also develops programs to achieve maximum sales volume consistent with sales projections. Within the Retail Branding and Information Solutions (RBIS) division, this position partners with accounts in the retail apparel and footwear industry to provide solutions for branding (e.g. packaging, tags and labels) and variable data management that enhance brand value.
This position represents an opportunity to not only be rewarded for your contributions but also provides visibility to senior management for future career opportunities.
REPRESENTATIVE ACTIVITIES: Activities and duties will vary dependent upon functional area assigned. Activities may include, but are not limited to:
•Responsible for increasing revenue by achieving sales objectives in existing and new accounts.
•Create and manage account strategies to deliver on price and mix objectives.
•Develop a thorough understanding of market conditions (e.g., current customers, potential customers, competitors) in assigned territory, and develop a strategy to achieve revenue goals.
•Uncover and assess customer needs and develop and execute Value Proposition.
•Provide product recommendations, assist in the development process, provide samples, technical support, pricing and service information on demand.
•Provide product quotes and actively utilize value-selling tools and skills.
•Demonstrate products and/or services and provide assistance in the best application of product and/or services.
•Conduct account analysis and planning to enable top-line growth and maximize account profitability.
•Use account management skills to plan and execute customer marketing/growth programs for customers.
•Creatively develop new applications for product lines.
•Participate in account planning, customer planning and territory reviews. Develop and present SWOT analysis and make recommendations on products and growth opportunities.
•Provide exceptional customer experience for business partners and prospects to develop long-term business opportunities.
•Collaborate with other business units to evaluate volume, identify trends, ensure quality, and monitor budgets.
• Bachelor’s Degree strongly preferred.
• 2+ years practical sales experience with quota responsibility, market development, account planning, customer engagement, etc.
• Significant Apparel industry and large retailer experience strongly preferred.
• Demonstrated successful experience in a sales position that involved negotiating complex transactions with upper-level management positions or similar experience.
• Skilled in developing sales penetration and growth strategies at targeted accounts.
• Proficient in assessing customer needs.
• Proven negotiation skills/experience.
• Excellent financial skills and business acumen.
• Skilled in conducting territory analysis and planning.
• Able to work independently with little supervision.
• Skilled in communicating effectively with all levels of management on complex business issues.
Physical Work Location:
When applying to this position, please use Internet Explorer.
AVERY DENNISON IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY PROVIDER
Avery Dennison Corporation - 19 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Avery Dennison is easy to label: It's a global leader in the making of adhesive labels used on packaging, mailers, and other items....