The Senior Network Operations Engineer will be primarily responsible for the provision of global incident support through network operations service delivery optimization and service improvement as well as overseeing the operations of the companys security solutions through management of security solutions and oversight of any vulnerability audits and assessments. They will evaluate and develop technical risk mitigation plans as well as standardize platform and configurations of the network infrastructure. They will be the primary on-call network and IT expert at the main data center. The engineer must be able to follow processes and multi task at a fast pace. The primary objective overall is to maintain high uptime and availability of network services around the globe.
- Provide first class support on all matters related to network operation services
- Maintain and manage the global network communications systems and equipment
- Provide inputs to engineering on new designs as well as design and operations improvements
- Recommend installation, modification or replacement of any hardware or software component or configuration changes that may affect network stability or security
- Support technicians and internal customers
- Support the day to day activities on the network
- Address and resolve routine issues assigned for engineering support
- Installation, configuration, monitoring and response to security systems
- Proactively assess potential items of risk and opportunities of vulnerability in the network
- 8+ years network operations support with emphasis on network operations in large global corporations
- Bachelor Degrees in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or Information Technology with demonstrated analytical, logical and system integration skills
- Provide highly skilled technical assistance in supporting complex network planning, engineering and architecture support, handoff procedures and operational maintenance
- Provide high level support and rapid resolution to network problems
- Solid knowledge of information security principles and practices
- Working experience with intrusion detection systems
- Understanding of advanced security protocols and standards
- Experience with software and security architectures
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Please ensure your application is complete with relevant information outlined against the job responsibilities and requirements. This position is located at our Washington DC data center and requires candidate to be able to work at the physical location.
Evony - 2 years ago
Evony is a young business that has taken different steps from the larger video game publishers and third party developers in that we're...