Hours 3am - Finish. Generally 10 - 12 hour days.
The wholesale driver is responsible for delivery of all dairy products to Guida customers according to their delivery route schedule as determined by the route supervisor. Products must be delivered in a safe and timely manner according to company policies and the Driver’s Manual.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF JOB:
1. Delivers dairy products according to route schedule in a safe and timely manner. Picks up all Guida milk crates and returns them to dairy. Deliveries should be put away inside coolers and walk-ins.
2. Deliveries should only be left on floor or outside with the consent of the customer. All scheduled deliveries should be made; before a decision is made not to deliver the supervisor should be contacted.
3. Collects money from all cash accounts and is responsible for balancing cash accurately at end of shift.
4. Drivers must adhere to all DOT regulations, including drug and alcohol testing. Drivers must also follow all company safety policies as outlined in the Drivers manual and company handbook.
5. Drivers must follow all written and oral instructions communicated by their Route Supervisor or the Distribution Manager.
6. Maintains good driving record according to all federal and state motor vehicle laws, rules and regulations. Reports any and all violations in accordance with the driver’s manual immediately to Route Supervisor or Distribution Manager.
7. Attends all driver workshops and training sessions.
8. Maintains good attendance record according to company policies. Must call in at least 8 hours prior to shift if sick, etc.
9. Proper maintenance of equipment used (fuel, check oil, etc)
11. Fill out daily paperwork completely and correctly each day
12. Communicates effectively with all Guida customers and Guida employees. Maintains good relations with customers and reports any problems back to Route Supervisor or Distribution Manager.
1. Class A or B CDL license.
2. High school diploma or equivalent.
3. Must be able to lift 65 pounds.
4. Clear driving record