Responsible for primary health care in the Psychiatric Emergency Services Department, with regard to patient histories, exams, diagnoses, treatment, education and referrals to ensure optimal patient medical management consistent with the PHHS mission of patient centered/patient valued care.
OR, Must have completed an accredited post-graduate Nurse Practitioner program. Must have a Bachelor's degree in Nursing plus three years of Nurse Practitioner clinical experience in a similar specialty area, or five years of Nurse Practitioner clinical experience in another area.
- Must have a Master's degree in Nursing plus five years of professional nursing experience in psychiatry, including the prescription of psychiatric medication;
- May have an equivalent combination of education and/or experience in lieu of specific education and/or experience as stated above.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must have current RN license or valid temporary permit with the Texas Board of Nursing; or, valid Compact RN license.
- Must be registered as an approved Advanced Nurse Practitioner with the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Must be nationally certified as a Psychiatric Clinical Nurse Specialist and maintain active certification; OR, must be nationally certified in area of specialty and maintain active certification as a Nurse Practitioner.
- Must have a current Healthcare Provider CPR course completion card prior to hire and/or placement in job.
- Must have DEA licensure or be eligible for DEA licensure.
- Pursuant to the Medical Staff Bylaws, must be sponsored by and remain under the auspices of a member of the active medical staff.
Location: Main Hospital Bldg - Grnd Flr
- Provides care to assigned patient population in accordance with the current State of Texas Nurse Practice Act, established protocols, multidisciplinary plan of care, and clinical area specific standards.
- Applicants must pass Medication Examination prior to hospital orientation. Current Parkland employees requesting reassignment to role must have current Medication Examination on file.
- Must be able to function independently and as a member of the PHHS healthcare team.
- Must have effective written and verbal communication skills in working with a diverse population of patients and families, nurses, physicians and community agencies.
- Must have knowledge and skill in educating patients and families.
- Must demonstrate patient centered/patient valued behaviors.
Parkland Health & Hospital System - 15 months ago
"Parkland is a hospital where the struggle between life and death, disease and health, is our bread and meat. Rarely a 24-hour period p...