The Promotions Assistant is responsible for contacting Venue patrons during off hours to obtain contact information, promote special events, and make/follow up on table reservations. During hours of operation, they will also work to gain contact information and promote the Venues.
- Coordinates efforts of inside and outside promoters.
- Effectively manages table reservations and guest lists.
- Continually collects patron contact information. Builds and maintains member and non member client databases.
- Assists management with the creation of nightly promotions and themes.
- Works with Internet Marketing to maintain online promotions. Provides Marketing with updated information for website such as DJ bios, pictures, flyers, event information, etc.
- Works with Marketing, Sales and Entertainment to maximize marketing networks.
- Consistently maintains social networking sites such as MySpace and Facebook.
- Manages online membership registration.
- Directly manages street promoters, ensuring that promotional flyers are distributed to local bars and clubs.
- Contacts patrons via phone to thank them for their table reservations for the previous weekend.
- Send out handwritten “Thank You” cards to past weekend’s table reservations.
- Contacts patrons regarding table reservations for upcoming nights or special events.
- Contacts patrons to promote special events.
- Actively sells to corporate groups and begins building a guest list for an extra evening beyond Friday and Saturday.
- Meet with management team and security staff prior to opening of club.
- Gathers clip boards, pens, and data collection sheets prior to opening.
- Continually walks the ropes and gets contact information from everyone in line and inside the club during hours of operation.
- Always submits data collection sheets to the Events/Promotions Supervisor at the end of shift.
- High School Diploma/GED. Secondary education preferred.
- Familiarity with night club setting and/or promotions experience preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must be able to speak and understand English; continuous communication with a degree of professionalism and accuracy.
- Ability to understand and follow direction from others.
- Ability to perform basic math functions.
- Can lift a minimum of 30 pounds to waist level.
- Ability to remain standing and active for an 8 hour shift.
- Ability to see, hear, understand, and respond to Staff Members’ requests in a loud environment.
- Ability to tolerate exposure to extreme temperatures throughout the shift.