Works with minimum supervision, provides technical and analytical support to Product Development Engineering. May provide direction and guidance to less experienced team members. Refers problems that cannot be resolved to the next level. Serves as a central resource with design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing as the product(s) move to production and distribution. Involvement may last throughout all stages of a product’s lifecycle including modifications, upgrades and maintenance of the product or product line.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and at least 5 years experience in product design/development and at least 1 year leading others in engineer/design activities; OR
- Master’s Degree in Engineering or Engineering Technology and at least 3 years experience in product design/development and at least 1 year leading others in engineer/design activities; OR
- PhD in Engineering or Engineering Technology
- Qualified candidates, excluding current Navistar employees, must be legally authorized on an unrestricted basis (US Citizen, Legal Permanent Resident, Refugee or Asylee) to be employed in the United States. Navistar does not anticipate providing employment related work sponsorship for this position (e.g., H-1B status)
- Embedded software development with knowledge of MPC or Tricore family microcontrollers
- Embedded software development tools (RTOS, compilers, linkers, debuggers, simulators etc)
- Model Based Development with Simulink/Stateflow, Data Dictionary and m-scripting
- Problem solving and issue rootcausing techniques
- Experience with Vehicle, Powertrain or Engine Control System design.
- Familiar with CMMI and Agile development processes/principles
- Software development and integration utilizing Simulink/Stateflow modeling tools and autocoding.
- Experience with engineering and quality design and development methodologies: (8D, FMEA, DVP&R)
Visit us at www.Navistar.com to discover more about our organization.
- Positive Attitude
- Ethics and Navistar's Values
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Navistar, Inc. - 17 months ago
Navistar, Inc., a primary operating subsidiary of Navistar International, manufactures medium- and heavy-duty trucks bearing the...