Position Summary :
Serves as the primary supporting attorney to the Associate General Counsels in the management of the legal affairs of the Company.
Principal Duties :
1. Supports the Associate General Counsels in the management of the legal affairs of the Company.
2. Supports the General Counsel and Associate General Counsels in the administrative and operating functions of the Legal Team, specifically by chairing a Committee related to Education and Training, Community Involvement and Pro Bono, or Efficiency, Technology and Process Improvement.
3. Provides research, legal advice and other legal assistance to the General Counsel and the Associate General Counsels.
4. Interprets contracts, laws, rulings and regulations for the General Counsel and the Associate General Counsels.
5. Prepares, reviews and negotiates the contracts and legal instruments of the Company, specifically:
a. ancillary agreements and amendments related to real estate sites in land development, including, without limitation, amendments to leases and agreements of sale, easements, restriction agreements, development agreements and closing documents;
b. leases for training centers, parking lots and storage space;
c. agreements of sale, asset purchase agreements, subleases and other closing documents related to the disposition of closed stores and excess property;
d. real estate contract amendments;
e. SNDAs, estoppel certificates, easements, restriction agreements, condemnation documents, financial security agreements and other agreements related to the on-going management of the Company’s real estate; and
f. such other matters as may be requested by the General Counsel or Associate General Counsels.
6. Supports and may participate in reviewing and negotiating other contracts and legal instruments of the Company, specifically its efforts in the acquisition and disposition of real estate interests, the conduct of financial activities, the conduct of the Company’s dairy operations and the engagement of services and consultants.
7. Works cooperatively with the Real Estate, Store Operations, Store Operations Services and Wawa Beverage Company teams to timely respond to contractual and other requests.
8. Provides legal advice to the Senior Paralegals and Paralegals, including without limitation advice related to the closing of real estate transactions, without significant assistance or oversight by the Associate General Counsels.
9.Provides legal advice and support to the Senior Paralegals and Paralegals related to the management of critical dates in real estate contracts, and participates in critical dates meetings with the Real Estate Department.
Wawa, Inc., a privately held company, began in 1803 as an iron foundry in New Jersey. Toward the end of the 19th Century, owner George Wood...