Cast Members working in entry level culinary positions are responsible for execution of all menu categories and specific recipes for all restaurant menu items including timing, quality, temperature, portion, and presentation. A Cook 4 will be assisting with all overall culinary production, which includes preparing menu items from recipes, for consumption in hotel restaurants throughout the resort. They will also be responsible for promoting a fun and creative working environment and partner with Front of House to ensure Cast training/knowledge of product ensuring a smooth operation and delivery of exceptional dining experience.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks to order menu items for all meals throughout the day, including Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner meal periods
- Portions and arranges food on serving dishes and is responsible for portion control and plate presentation
- May cook, mix, and/or season ingredients to make dressings, sauces, gravies, batters, fillings and spreads
- May wash, peel, slice, scoop, dice and julienne vegetables and fruits
- Prepares, measures, mixes (following recipes) and/or cooks and garnishes basic appetizers (hot or cold), salads, pastas, sandwich fillings, Waffles and other food items
- Some knowledge of cooking equipment such as grill, gas range, electric range, broiler, deep fat fryer, serving table, waffle iron, griddle, skillets and other standard kitchen equipment
- Ability to prepare products according to recipe guidelines
- Knowledge and understanding of kitchen safety and sanitation including temperature requirements
- Has good judgment of food quality and production, understands the impact of spoilage
- Ability to assist Chef in preparing items for Guests with special dietary needs
- Cleans kitchen equipment and practices HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) Procedures
- Experience in culinary field/high volume restaurant minimum 3-6 months, or up to 1 year
- Ability to multi task and work in a very fast paced team environment
- Demonstrates a desire to work in a guest service and team environment
- Demonstrates passion and enthusiasm for working in the kitchen
- Strong listening skills and ability to follow direction
- Must be flexible and able to work a variety of shifts, including days, nights, weekends, holidays and special events
- Enrolled in a culinary education program or equivalent
- Recommendation from school
- Food Safety Certification or equivalent
- Knowledge of Hawaiian/Japanese language preferred
- Full availability SEVEN (7) days a weeks is preferred
Our Theme Parks and Resort Hotels operate 24 hours a day, 365 days a year and some shifts may start as early as 5:00am while some may end as late as 3:00am, 4:00am or 5:00am.
SUBMITTING YOUR APPLICATION
After clicking “Apply for this job” below, the employment application will open in a new window. Please complete ALL pages of the application by clicking “Next” on each page, then “Submit” on the final page.
You may only apply once in a six month period. If you have applied within the last six months, please log in to your account to view your current application status.
Keyword: AULANI CASTING
Disney - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard