Barclays is a major global financial services provider engaged in personal banking, credit cards, corporate and investment banking, and wealth and investment management. With over 300 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide.
As a leading global wealth and investment manager, Barclays provides international and private banking, wealth planning, trust and fiduciary services, investment management, brokerage services and research to private and intermediary clients across the world. Additionally our clients benefit from access to the breadth of personal, corporate and investment banking expertise across Barclays, one of the largest financial services groups in the world.
Our mission is to set a new standard in wealth management by understanding our clients better than anyone else. In pursuit of this objective, we hire and develop only the best people in the industry. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who seek opportunities for self-improvement and career progression. Our long-term agenda can only be achieved through close collaboration and a shared sense of empathy, integrity and trust.
This role, in the Office of the General Counsel of Barclays Wealth Americas (BWA), will provide general legal support in areas including litigation, regulatory, banking, and investment management to the BWA Legal team in New York.
- Core accountabilities:
- Prepare and negotiate standard demand loan documents for a variety of bank loan transactions, including unsecured demand notes, secured demand notes, guarantees, pledge agreements, account control agreements and ancillary certification and related documents.
- Prepare and negotiate standard committed loan documents for a variety of securities-backed loan transactions, including secured committed notes, guarantees, pledge agreements, account control agreements and ancillary certification and related documents.
- Prepare and negotiate standard standby letter of credit documents, including reimbursement agreement, guarantees, pledge agreements, account control agreements and ancillary certification and related documents.
- Prepare and negotiate standard loan documents for a securities-backed and hedge fund interests loan transactions, including secured committed notes, guarantees, pledge agreements, account control agreements, consents, instruction letters and ancillary certification and related documents.
- Review and conform term sheets for a variety of private banking loan transactions, including unsecured loans, securities-backed loans, commercial real estate loans and alternative asset-backed loans.
- Assist with closings conducted by external counsel, including reviewing closing checklists, final documents, ensuring that conditions precedent are met, ensuring that all documents are properly executed and are consistent with term sheet and credit approval, and interacting with external counsel, internal counsel, product personnel and operations/funding personnel.
- Prepare and negotiate amendment agreements, extension letters, waivers, modifications, and general client correspondence.
- Prepare and negotiate non-disclosure agreements in connection with certain transactions;
- Advise and interact with credit structurers, credit officers, collateral management, operations and product personnel.
- Assist with general documentation, generation of reports and general product support issues.
- BS/BA degree
- 2+ years legal assistant/paralegal experience at a law firm or in-house financial services legal department
- Preferably experience in private bank lending, and with extensive training in negotiating legal issues applicable to bank loan documentation
- Detail-oriented, meticulous, organized and who has a solid understanding of all aspects bank loan products is plus.
Barclays Investment Bank - 17 months ago
Barclays Bank is the flagship subsidiary of global financial group Barclays PLC. The bank is primarily active in the UK, where it has some...