The Property Accountant will be responsible for various property accounting functions, including master data setup, data analysis, monthly accrual calculations, and operational reporting. Additional responsibilities involve tracking and reclassifying unevaluated costs to the full cost pool, payroll related entries, and bank reconciliations.
Reports to : Manager Operations Accounting
Office Location : Houston, TX
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review all new AFE ’s for overall accuracy and completeness. This includes assigning AFE numbers, property numbers, bill deck, field number and following up on AFE until an original approved AFE is received in the Property Department
- Create and analyze various property and CAPEX reports
- Monthly AFE Accruals
- Monthly LOE Accruals
- Payroll/Bonus Actual and Accrual entries
- Track and reclassify unevaluated costs to the full cost pool
- Various duties related to acquisition/divestiture activities, specifically tracking post closing settlements.
- Prepaid insurance well allocation
- Assist with Fixed Assets tracking and depreciation calculation
- Assist with reconciling and clearing suspense accounts
- Assist with bank reconciliations
- Monthly GL account reconciliations
- A minimum of five years' experience with Oil & Gas property accounting, specifically in exploration and production
- Degree in Accounting
- A good understanding of information technology and computer applications with advanced skills in Excel
- OGsys experience a huge plus.