Growing from its beginnings in 1895, Gerrity's Supermarkets have come to serve many communities throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania. Gerrity's Supermarkets offer the finest in food products and services to our loyal and valued customers from our nine operating locations. Gerrity's stands today as one of the oldest and most well known and respected local businesses in the area. The Fasula family attributes their success to the hard work of those of the past, continuing contributions from current associates, and looks forward to its continuing future growth. In order to meet that objective, Gerrity's is now looking to add a Produce Clerk to its family of professionals.
The Produce Clerk is responsible for performing duties as directed by the Produce Manager and/or Assistant Produce Manager for the successful operation of the Produce Department. It is essential that as a Produce Clerk, you will present yourself in a professional and courteous manner at all times while performing your defined responsibilities. You are responsible for always maintaining our high standards of Customer Service. Other duties may be assigned as required, depending upon the available time, business volume and other criteria as determined by your appropriate supervisors and/or Gerrity’s Supermarkets. Full compliance with current and future policies will be required to ensure that your work contribution is in the best interest of Gerrity’s Supermarkets.
1. Prepare, wrap, and weigh all produce products;
2. Maintain a professional and organized display of products;
3. Restock counters on sales floor, pull any poor quality produce;
4. Responsible for proper rotating of product;
5. Assist in the receiving and unloading of product;
6. Responsible for ensuring that all products have their proper signs;
7. Responsible for maintaining a safe and sanitary department environment.
1. Will be present at your workstation at the start of your shift;
2. Comply fully with all safety policies and procedures;
3. Adheres to Customer Service Pledge;
4. Maintain a neat, professional appearance at all times while working and strictly adhere to the Dress Code policy;
5. Attendance at your job is essential to the overall function of your department;
6. Will comply with all policies contained within the Employee Handbook;
7. All areas as designated within the Essential Functions of your job responsibilities.