Gate Gourmet, a gategroup company, is the world’s largest independent provider of catering and provisioning services for airlines and railroads.
We serve more than 200 million meals a year to our 250-plus customers at more than 100 airport locations around the globe.
We are currently looking for a Director of Recruitment to join our HR team based in Reston, VA.
Reporting to the Vice President of Human Resources the Director of Recruitment will be responsible for the development and delivery of NA enterprise-wide programs, processes, and associated infrastructure for talent acquisition and management programs of recruitment and succession planning.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads development and execution of strategy and plan to identify and attract the best external talent to the NA division. Provides strategic leadership and direction to team of corporate and regionally based recruiters. Ensures recruiting and hiring practices comply with national and local employment laws.
- Leads development and deployment of Gate Gourmet employment brand. Partners with internal and external communications resources.
- Leads development, implementation and utilization of enterprise workforce planning tools and metrics for anticipatory staffing. Collects and analyzes data to refine recruitment strategy going forward.
- Identifies and manages search partners and all recruitment channels.
- Program manages the organization’s relocation program.
Provides project support on due diligence, acquisition integrations, and other project related work as needed.
- Develops strategies and programs for talent acquisition and management, partnering with key organizational leaders. Manages the execution of succession planning activities.
- Bachelor degree from four year college or university required; masters degree in related field or MBA preferred
- Ten to fifteen years experience in progressively responsible human resource roles with at least five years in recruiting/staffing
- Experience in transportation, hospitality, manufacturing or food service environment highly desirable
o Talent acquisition
- Multi-lingual skills highly desirable
- Experience in a national, multi-site environment with a diverse, multi-cultural unskilled hourly work-force
- Candidate must be knowledgeable in both Federal and state employment law
- Position requires experience and demonstrated competency in:
o Business acumen
o Matrix management
o Effective relationship building
o Business partnering
o Cross-functional collaboration
o Change management
o Project management
o Establishing metrics for human resources performance
o Time management
o Prioritizing multiple projects/tasks
- Candidate must be action oriented, highly organized problem solver who enjoys challenges and working collaboratively:
- Candidate must be highly resourceful and skilled at sourcing candidates, particularly with use of Internet channels
- Must be able to effectively remotely manage a team of recruiters located throughout the U.S.
Certificates, Licenses and Registrations:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; must also be good listener able to communicate effectively with top executives
- Ability to travel as needed; estimated to be up to 20% of the time
Demonstrated Competencies to be Successful in the Position:
- Regular office environment
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the individual(s) assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required. Management reserves the right to modify, add, or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary. In addition, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Thinking - Information search and analysis, problem resolution skills
- Engaging - understanding others, team leadership, developing people
- Inspiring - influencing and building relationships, motivating and inspiring, communicating effectively
- Achieving - delivering business results under pressure, championing performance improvement, customer focus
Candidates will be required to go through pre-employment drug screen, criminal check and/or airport fingerprinting.
Gate Gourmet is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
Gate Gourmet - 3 years ago
Dining at 30,000 feet is no problem when the plane is loaded with food from Gate Gourmet. The foodservice company is one of the world's...