Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500 company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
Business Systems Analyst/Programmer - SAP SCM
The Business Systems Analyst / Programmer (BSAP) is responsible for delivering, maintaining and optimizing the use of the Enterprise and collaboration systems to aid in the execution of the company objectives. This position reports to the Business Systems Manager, Forecast to Pay business systems. The BSAP functions as a liaison working with stakeholders in order to elicit, analyze, communicate, and validate requirements for changes to business processes, policies and information systems. The BSAP understands business problems and opportunities in the context of the requirements and recommends and implements solutions that enable the organization to achieve its goals. The principal duties and responsibilities of a BSAP consist of the following:
1) Participates in and/or drives design effort focusing on end to end process optimization, using standard system functionality whenever possible.
2) Provides business systems analysis and process redesign expertise, interacting with business partners to clearly define and document business requirements
3) Creates and maintains, use cases, functional specifications, for the applications required at various phases of the System Development Life Cycle
4) Participates in and/or drives the system configuration, and development which meet security, architecture, and support requirements, all while satisfying business needs.
5) Understands the systemic data requirements as they relate to improving/changing the business process or system.
6) Participates and/or coordinates required testing/validation of system enhancements and fixes, creating and/or executing the test cases including problem determination and resolution.
7) Collaborates with business partners regarding deployment needs, training, communications, change management and implementation of the application change.
8) Applies project management standards ensuring issues are identified, tracked, reported on and resolved in a timely manner; communicates status and escalates open/unresolved issues when necessary.
9) Participates in system emergency or crisis situations to define/implement workaround processes, corrective action, communication, and system clean up activities.
10) Stays current with changing needs of the business and technology advancements in the marketplace that may drive improved business operations.
11) Applications and processes within the FTP (Forecast to Pay) process include SCM-Service Parts Planning/Capture & Manage Demand, SCM-Demand Planning, ECC-TPSS, ECC-MRP, ECC-ZIMMER, ECC-Purchase Orders, ECC-STO's, and ECC-Kitting.
12) Project Management - Ability to facilitate discussions/solutions with cross functional teams/resources and implement an agreed upon set of deliverables identified through the scoping and planning phases of a project. Understands the scope, schedule and budgeting components of project planning and can make recommendations of best practice and standards within the SCM environment.
13) Continuous Improvement - Analysis work to review current manual or workflow activities and tasks performed by people, functional areas, and systems which are designed to achieve a specific outcome, while assuring data quality/integrity. Understands relationships, information exchanges/handoffs, procedures, policies, and observations of work performed to achieve specific outcomes. Within the context of the relationship with the business, assures alignment for continuous improvement within the systems landscape.
? Deep knowledge of SAP ECC-MM Module
? Knowldege of SAP Service Parts Planning preferred (specifically DRP and Deployment)
? Knowledge of SAP SCM preferred
? 4+ years of experience with configuration
? Experience with purchasing is required
? ABAP development experience is a plus
? Bachelor degree in Business Area or IS or equivalent work experience as appropriate based on job level.
? Strong oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate to various levels of management to clarify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
? Strong system knowledge of SAP
? Ability to work on cross-functional teams.
? Ability to adapt to changing business processes, technologies, and environments.
? Excellent organizational skills.
? Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
? Strong PC experience required.
? Strong interpersonal skills, e.g possesses ability to conduct stakeholder interviews.
Grainger is an equal opportunity employer
Dice - 2 years ago
W.W. Grainger, Inc. (Grainger) distributes facilities maintenance products, and provides services and related information used by businesses...