Food Services Team leader Opportunity
In York, PA
About the Position
Under general supervision, coordinates personnel and activities of the kitchen and cafeteria service areas and the delivery of food to the patient floors. Implements established procedures and methods for kitchen and cafeteria service units.
The qualified candidate will be responsible for carrying out the following duties:
- Coordinates entire cafeteria operation to ensure that standards of quality, hygiene, and efficiency are met.
- Coordinates tray preparation and delivery to patients, nourishments, supply and post-meal clean up to ensure that standards of quality, hygiene and efficiency are met.
- Assesses requirements to avoid over/under production of foods, especially short order items.
- Stores and maintains prepared and partially prepared foods in optimum condition until served. Devises best methods of storage and presentation.
- Meets with counter personnel and cashiers to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures regarding menus, portioning, prices and attractive presentation of food items.
- Coordinates with Chef production of food items for cafeteria services.
- Coordinates main kitchen production for a variety of catered services; arranges staffing.
- High School diploma or GED
- 6 - 12 months experience
- Supervisory experience required
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Able to work in a team environment
WellSpan Health is a not-for-profit, community based health care system serving more than 650,000 people in south central Pennsylvania and northern Maryland. York Hospital, a 570+ bed, Level 1 Trauma Center, Magnet designated community teaching hospital, and Gettysburg Hospital, a 76-bed acute-care facility, are the cornerstones of the health system. In April 2012, WellSpan Health opened the WellSpan Surgery and Rehabilitation Hospital a 73-bed state-of-the art hospital, to care for patients recovering from strokes, traumas, chronic disease complications and orthopedic injuries. The organization has received significant, national recognition, including being named a “Top 100 Integrated Health Network” by Verispan, being one of the “Top 25 Connected Healthcare Facilities” by Health Imaging and IT. WellSpan Health is an integrated health system with more than 60 care sites, more than 8,700 employees and seven residency programs.
Wellspan Health facilities are located in York and Adams counties, which offer an ideal living environment to match the quality of work-life balance you’re seeking. Both communities offer abundant outdoor and cultural activities, including restaurants, theatre, golf courses, hiking trails, water sports and historic tours. The communities are a short drive from several, large metropolitan areas including the Baltimore/DC metro area and Philadelphia.
If you value a strong sense of community, the more palatable pace of rural living, and the convenience of a workplace close to home, you’ll realize the advantages of considering Wellspan Health as part of your future.
Knowledge of food preparation and service; record keeping. Supervisory experience required.
6 - 12 months