Director of Nursing Services
Avamere Olympic Rehab of Sequim
1000 5 th Ave S
Sequim, WA 98382
***RELOCATION ASSISTANCE AVAILABLE***
Avamere Olympic Rehab of Sequim is hiring a Director of Nursing Services/Registered Nurse for this 117 bed Skilled Nursing Facility in Sequim, Washington. The primary responsibility of this position is to plan, organize, develop and direct the overall operation of our Nursing Service Department to ensure that the highest degree of quality care is maintained at all times.
- Develop a written plan of care for each resident and review all medical and nursing treatments to ensure they are in accordance with the resident’s care plan and wishes.
- Implement and maintain an ongoing quality assurance program for the nursing department, and monitor the facility’s QI, QM and survey reports.
- Assist in the planning, scheduling and revising of the MDS, including the implementation of CAAs and Triggers.
- Review and revise care plans and assessments, and ensure that all personnel involved in providing care are aware of the resident’s care plan.
- Develop methods for coordination of nursing services with other resident services to ensure the continuity of the resident’s total regimen of care.
- Participate in and develop reviews of the discharge plans and prepare reports for the Care Plan Committee as directed.
- Monitor nursing care to ensure that all nursing personnel follow established departmental policies and procedures.
- Review nurses’ notes to determine if the care plan is being followed.
- Determine the staffing needs and work assignments of the nursing department necessary to meet the total nursing needs of the residents.
- Provide leadership training that includes the administrative and supervisory principles essential for Resident Care Managers and Charge Nurses.
- Provide direct nursing care as necessary.
- Prepare, plan and operate under the nursing department budget.
- Participate in state and federal surveys of the facility; assist the Administrator in reviewing deficiencies and developing plans of correction.
- Attend continuing education programs designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession, and participate in/provide leadership for in-service training for nursing personnel.
- Create and uphold an atmosphere of warmth, patience, enthusiasm, and a calm and cheerful environment.
Qualifications and Skillsets:
- Must possess a nursing degree from an accredited college or university.
- Must possess a current, unencumbered, active license to practice as an RN in this state.
- Must have a minimum 3 years of experience as a supervisor in a healthcare setting.
- Must have a minimum 6 months of experience in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices.
- Knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and procedures, as well as laws, regulations and guidelines that pertain to nursing care facilities.
- Experience with Electronic Medical Records and computer documentation systems.
- Maintain confidentiality of all resident care information in accordance with HIPAA guidelines.
The Avamere Family of Companies represents a group of independent companies dedicated to senior’s health and well-being. We take great pride in offering “a continuum of care” which allows seniors to stay independent and active. With more than forty retirement communities and skilled nursing facilities in Oregon and Washington, the Avamere companies are responsive to the changing personal needs of seniors.
Avamere full time employee benefits package includes: medical, 401K retirement plan, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, ID theft recovery services, wellness program, and voluntary dental, vision, life insurance, short term disability and AD&D coverage.
To apply send resume to:
Brenda Purvis, Avamere Recruiting Manager
Direct # 971-224-2068
Avamere Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Return to Jobs
Avamere Group - 24 months ago
copy to clipboard