Bachelors Degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications, Journalism, Business Administration or related discipline
5+ years job specific experience
Additional Job information:
- Required Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Previous experience developing and implementing successful marketing plans
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Broad knowledge of bank products and services
- Knowledge of marketing software applications
This position reports to a Regional Marketing Director and is responsible for implementing the company's marketing plan for assigned division(s), business line or functional area. Marketing Managers provide input to the overall marketing plan in conjunction with their regional marketing director representing their assigned bank division(s)/region or FMS division. Leverages corporate division marketing resources to implement strategies and tactics for bank division or FMS division. In coordination with Regional Marketing Director, Marketing Managers work with CEOs and RCEOs to support the divisions' marketing needs. Within guidelines, develops and implements marketing and communication tactics to achieve marketing goals in support of company's overall goals and marketing plan. May manage a marketing associate(s).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Responsible for managing and coordinating all marketing activities such as merchandising and collateral; advertising; direct marketing; advertising media plans and ad placement.
- Maintains division brand.
- Serves as contact for division(s) for external communications related to marketing; serves as liaison to corporate communications regarding press releases, team member and new hire announcements.
- Helps prepare division for new product rollouts as well as product and fee changes as it relates to marketing and customer communications.
- Maintains current list of local media publications and makes recommendations for advertising placement; stays abreast of advertising/media opportunities for division.
- Provides sales support to bank team members including team communications related to marketing activity, lead distribution, printed sales materials.
- Analyzes and has knowledge of division data and any primary or secondary research to maximize marketing and sales efforts.
- Manages and tracks discretionary marketing budget.
- Works with corporate division specialist area to develop marketing tactics/creative for approved marketing plan exceptions.
- Coordinates with advertising manager any creative development
- Serves as contact for designated divisions for advertising exceptions
- Oversees other areas managed and/or coordinated with marketing associate.
- Manages the day-to-day activities of a Marketing group. Provides leadership, direction and growth opportunities to marketing associates, performing those responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws. Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning or directing work, appraising performance, disciplining team members and resolving problems. Works with the Human Resources Department to resolve more complex team member-related issues.
- Performs other related duties as required.
Synovus Financial Corp., based in Columbus, GA is the holding company for Synovus Bank and other financial companies throughout the southeast in the states of Georgia, Alabama, Florida, South Carolina and Tennessee.
In order to become a team member, all candidates must pass several background checks to include Criminal Background, Drug Screen, Reference Checks, and others.
Synovus Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer supporting Diversity in the workplace. M/F/D/V. Synovus Bank is a tobacco-free company.
In order to be considered for this position, candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S. and will not need sponsorship from the employer now or in the future, in order to obtain, extend or renew authorization to work in the United States.
Synovus Financial Corp.
- 3 years ago - save job
Synovus has a nose for community banking. The holding company owns flagship subsidiary Synovus Bank and about 30 community banking divisions...