Raytheon Applied Signal Technology is a diversified intelligence and defense company that develops systems to provide integrated sensor and signal processing products in support of intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance.
Our Broadband Communication Systems Division (BCS) has a critical need for an Networking Engineer to design, build and maintain advanced high-capacity systems that process modern high-speed telecommunications for the US intelligence community. If you have the following attributes, this could be a great career opportunity for you:
Examples of Work
Programming experience desired
- Design, Configuring, and testing mission critical networking equipment in a environment with other highly skilled engineers.
- Cisco experience required, CISCO certification desired
- Experience with configuring VLANs, Firewalls, and Tunneling required.
- Significant knowledge of Routing Protocols, TCP/IP, and Wireshark required
- Knowledge of networking, file systems, security, KVM virtualization, IBM Bladecenter, CISCO telephony, SAN/NAS, and SNMP desired.
- System administration experience preferred.
Strong work ethic
The systems you support will be used daily by both highly-skilled analysts and operation control centers. The systems controlled may range widely in both complexity and
- This opportunity involves working with mission critical systems which will require additional compensated overtime when travelling.
- The job will periodically require non-standard work hours, and flexibility is essential.
- Professionalism is required as you will represent the company when on travel to customer’s facilities
size. You may also interact closely with our customers to meet their needs.
Understanding of telecommunications systems concepts and/or signal processing fundamentals is a plus.
- BS, BA and/or MS strongly desired
- 2+ years experience
Why Work for Raytheon Applied Signal Technology?
We are a stable and growing division.
We are committed to bringing cutting-edge science and engineering together for the protection of our country.
We invest heavily in research and development.
Competitive Compensation & Benefits:
Competitive Compensation and Benefits
Generous Tuition Reimbursement
Community Affairs (matching contributions and Dollars for Doers)
Employee Referral Programs
Internal Job Mobility
Full Spectrum of Project for Career Development
Applicants selected may be subject to a US government security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.