Matsys, inc. is a growing R&D engineering firm currently looking to hire a full-time Technician/Engineering Assistant to aid design engineers in prototyping, testing, and development of materials and related equipment for the powder metal industry. Candidates should have previous hands on experience in a related technical field with a motivated “self-starter” attitude and the ability to perform well independently and as part of a team.
This position is salary, and includes medical benefits, 401k retirement plan, and holds the possibility for advancement.
Areas of responsibility:
- Aid in engineering tasks and material testing
- Operate lab presses, furnaces/kilns, electronic test equipment, glove boxes, etc.
- Assist with database management, materials organization, and inventory
- Maintain clean and organized equipment and work areas
- Associate Technical degree or relative work experience
- Positive attitude with ability to work both independently and as a part of a team
- Must work well under minimal supervision
- Strong understanding of machine shop equipment, tools and safety
- Ability to lift 25 pounds
- Proficient in MS Office
- CNC machine programming and/or setup experience is a plus
Indeed - 10 months ago