ITS Web Services is seeking a WordPress developer for a full-time, temporary position through March 30, 2013 (approximate). The developer will play an important role in the migration of several key university websites from a legacy CMS to a WordPress platform. Candidate must be able to work independently and/or closely with colleagues as necessary, and be able to adapt to changing schedules and priorities, while managing their time accordingly.
- Migrating, structuring and organizing content using custom post types, views, taxonomies, custom theme settings, and appropriate plugins
- Configuration of users and roles
- Contributing to the development of themes and custom functionality
- Pre-launch testing (functionality, browsers, content, accessibility, forms, etc.)
- Moderate HTML and CSS coding and formatting
- Train and support website content editors and administrators
- Customer support via ticketing systems and direct requests
Education and Experience
- Familiarity with a formal development environment (Subversion, multiple server environments)
- Knowledge of latest WP plugins, trends, security issues, and best practices
- Knowledge of search engine optimization ( SEO ) best practices
3-5 years of relevant experience; excellent written and verbal communication skills; candidate must operate in a security-aware fashion.
Special Physical and Mental Requirements
Temporary Employment Policies
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - 23 months ago