Instruct and implement the Dental Assistant program to educate students in accordance with the curriculum standards and objectives.
- Implement and evaluate daily lesson plans for students to include scheduled activities and materials of modules.
- Plan instruction to achieve specific objectives based upon student need and established curriculum.
- Monitor the attendance of students in the program and coordinate with Associate Director when absences occur two days in a row.
- Prepare attendance reports weekly for the office management department.
- Review student success rates and implement plan to reduce student withdrawals.
- Meet with students to encourage them to stay in the program.
- Maintain an 80% student success rate for all classes taught in the program.
- Maintain student grades in accordance with established policies.
- Prepare final grades at the end of each module to update student records and transcripts.
- Evaluate the performance of students regarding achievements in curriculum and activities and make necessary provisions to meet learning needs.
- Arrange and coordinate guest speakers, community service field trips, and visits to clinics and dental offices.
- Prepare lectures and practical demonstrations for students in class and individually.
- Assist and counsel student with Dental Assistant program curriculum.
- May assist with the inventory and ordering of supplies and equipment.
- Monitor students in the laboratory.
- Demonstrate and assist students with lab procedures and ensure safety precautions are adhered to.
- May assist and coordinate externships for Dental Assistant students.
- Graduate of an accredited Dental Assistant program recognized by the U.S. Secretary of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation.
- Three (3) years of experience as a Dental Assistant.
- Four (4) years of job-related training and experience is required for instructors who have not graduated from an accredited dental program.
- Must hold current dental and teaching licenses, certifications or other designations as required by local, state or federal laws to work in the field.
- X-ray certification required.
- Verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, Power Point and dental computer software.
Pima Medical Institute - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
Pima Medical Institute is a private, family-owned, accredited school dedicated to providing students with a well-rounded education, offering...