The Finance Specialist I – Accounting Systems uses advanced accounting and technical systems competence to deploy and maintain complex financial accounting systems, processes and applications that are developed and improved via a structured systems development life cycle and project management methodology designed to enhance the strategic value of financial accounting systems and information.
• Summarize and interpret key business indicators to provide information that facilitates timely and impactful decisions
• Develop advanced methods for tracking and reconciling external application systems details and totals to SAP and other accounting systems’ financial accounts and subledgers.
• Monitor, analyze and report on the results of systems performance.
• Work with users to develop report requirements and best practices for new technology.
• Lead and perform user acceptance testing.
• Lead and contribute to accounting and other application systems projects.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Computer Information Systems.
• 4+ years of experience performing in-depth technical financial accounting and systems analysis
• 3+ years of experience configuring, managing and administering SQL-based application systems
• Excellent analytical, reconciliation and reporting skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Proven experience designing and delivering accounting systems and end user training.
• Flexibility to work either independently or in a matrix team environment.
• Flexibility to adjust work load and hours when necessary
• All other duties as assigned
TECHNICAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
• Intermediate knowledge of SAP financials, SAP tables, SAP query, SAP reporting, MS SQL Server application execution, MS Visual Basic scripting and MS Access Database development preferred
• Intermediate knowledge of database table and query design preferred
• Intermediate knowledge of data file configuration, execution, validation and reconciliation preferred
• Intermediate knowledge of end user and process documentation creation and maintenance techniques preferred.
• Team Skills/Collaboration - Work effectively in a team environment and across teams.
• Speaking and Writing - Clearly articulate relevant ideas, opinions, and information
• Thinking Analytically - Analyze information to provide clear and concise recommendations
• Exercising Judgment - Generate alternatives and assist in selecting the best option
• Project Management/Prioritizing - Ensure the timely completion of designated objectives
A credit check is required for this position in Finance.
Coca-Cola Refreshments - 14 months ago
The Coca-Cola Company is a manufacturer, distributor and marketer of nonalcoholic beverage concentrates and syrups in the world. Finished...