Operations & Maintenance
Interest Sub Category:
Operations & Maintenance
Job Title :
Mobile Equipment Technician
Type of Position:
Minimum Position Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
High school diploma or GED and specific training and thorough knowledge in the particular area of mobile equipment repair, plus a broad knowledge of other disciplines such as general math, electronics, etc. At least five years of job related experience. (Associate’s degree in a related field may substitute for two years of job-related experience.) Good written and spoken communication and analytical skills and a working knowledge of basic computer systems and software programs. Applicable site certifications such as hazardous material handling as required.
Purpose and Scope:
Under limited supervision and/or using general procedures and/or work instructions, perform simple and routine as well as some non-routine tasks or tests within, but not necessarily limited to, the area of mobile equipment repair and maintenance. May provide direction to the Fleet Operator concerning operations at the Motor Pool and will be responsible for work coordination within the motor pool, working through Supervisor and Lead. May also provide guidance and/or on-the-job assistance to lateral and lower level Technicians for work on simple/routine or more complex assignments. Work may be evaluated while in progress and upon completion. Duties will be varied.
Perform a variety of activities under specific direction in accordance with established procedures:
1. Troubleshoot and perform repairs to all types of gasoline, propane, diesel, natural gas, and electric powered mobile equipment.
2. Write schedules for preventive maintenance and repair of such equipment; coordinate compliance with schedule and maintain logs of maintenance performed.
3. Perform emergency repairs to electrical generators.
4. Overhaul and repair excess equipment; prepare recommendations on excess equipment.
5. Research performance requirements and recommend equipment for purchase and use at the site.
6. Perform maintenance using oral and/or written instructions.
7. Perform troubleshooting/problem identification and resolution of a routine nature.
8. Respond to various types of emergencies and provide assistance as appropriate based on skills, knowledge, and ability.
9. Perform other site support tasks incidental to stationary equipment maintenance assignments.
10. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
11. Perform Call Out when required.
The URS Team will provide research and engineering services to the National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL) Office of Research and Development (ORD). We are responsible for providing skilled personnel, facilities, equipment, materials, supplies and services to support NETL's basic and applied energy research and its implementation of technology developments based on that research, and for providing corresponding infrastructure needs. The URS-led team includes URS' Energy & Construction Division, Midwest Research Institute, and a consortium of five Tier One regional universities consisting of Carnegie Mellon, West Virginia University, University of Pittsburgh, Penn State University and Virginia Tech.
The National Energy Technology Laboratory (NETL), part of DOE's national laboratory system, is owned and operated by the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE). NETL supports DOE's mission to advance the national, economic, and energy security of the United States. NETL implements a broad spectrum of energy and environmental research and development (R&D) programs that will return benefits for generations to come by enabling domestic coal, natural gas, and oil to economically power our Nation's homes, industries, businesses, and transportation while protecting our environment and enhancing our energy independence.
We invite you to take the next step toward
THE BEST WORK OF YOUR LIFE.
URS Corporation provides a range of engineering, construction, maintenance, and technical services for customers around the world. Through...