Provides quality patient care in accordance with nursing philosophy, approved standards, and applicable regulatory laws. Functions as a scrub or circulating nurse in all areas of surgical specialties.
- Utilizes the standard of care in the assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of the surgical patient in the delivery of perioperative nursing care during the surgical process.
- Directs the coordination of efforts of the OR team members in rendering perioperative nursing care while in the roll of the circulating, scrub, pre-op or recovery nurse.
- Develops a perioperative nursing care plan on each surgical patient.
- Ensures a safe supportive environment for staff, physicians and patients.
- Assembles and communicates appropriate information in verbal or written reports in order to maintain continuity of care in the perioperative nursing process.
- Maintains current skill and knowledge of surgical procedures and principles of sterile techniques.
- Executes proper use, care, handling and processing of equipment, supplies and instrumentation used in the area of surgical specialty.
- Participates in operating room Quality Assurance program.
- Promotes personal and professional growth by actively participating in continuing education programs.
- Participates in the professionalism of the Operating Room by showing courtesy, compassion, respect and adherence to the standards.
- Performs other related duties as directed.
- 2 years of current operating room experience required.
- Experience in scrub and circulating roles in major surgical specialties required.
- Current RN licensure in appropriate jurisdiction.
- CPR certification required.
- Cardio-pulmonary resuscitation required.
- Certification in IV insertion and therapy preferred.
- Recent ambulatory surgery experience preferred.
Kaiser Permanente - 12 months ago
Can a single organization change the future of health care? At Kaiser Permanente, we think so. America's leading nonprofit integrated health...